The MD'rs Face the Past

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
Inspired writing Mr. Spence, truly inspired. [:T]

As Oliver Twist would say - "Please sir, I want some more!" [:D]

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Peter

Originally posted by Spence

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the authors imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental

Bloody good job you added the caveat above Dave as you've obviously never seen Red Leader fish.[:p][:D][:D][:D]

Just thought the old lad needed a bit of cheering up, he needed a win and it is, after all, just fantasy [:p] I haven't decided yet if the new look, Georgie Boy 'Bronson'finds out that RL snogged his missus, depends what he offers as a bribe [}:)][}:)][}:)]

drw

Site Supporter
super brilliant read yet again Dave ! where your imagination comes from we will never know ! Thanks as always for your stories and if I ever meet you in a pub it's a pint and smoke on me mate

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Another brilliant read thanks Dave, one thing though, I can't see the old 'uns being quite so magnanimous [:D]

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Trogg

Tried to reply this afternoon just after you posted but it wouldn't let me for some unknown reason [:C][:C]

I was reading it out to Dian and when i got to the bit where she brings me a coffee and gives me a kiss her exact words were "yeah, you can tell it's fantasy cos there's no way that would happen" then i read out the bit about the knuckle duster.."that's more like it, has he met me at a fishin?"[:(]

Then decided to wait untill B'lanna got home so she could read it before i replied, she loves the idea of "messing up anti's" and is now asking for a supersoaker [:0][:0]

Once again a fantastic read, i wish i had half your talent for writing Dave, genius just doesn't seem to cover it!

By the way, the wife says "he must have a shltload lot of time on his hands maybe he should get a hobby, he could try fishing" [:D][:D]

Cheers mate, I thought you were going to say that she wanted a kevlar knuckle duster like her Mum's [;)][;)]

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Len Wade

Inspired writing Mr. Spence, truly inspired. [:T]

As Oliver Twist would say - "Please sir, I want some more!" [:D]

Cheers Len, I will do my best, I have ideas for another two episodes but it will be a few weeks before they are ready to be written. [:T][:T]

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Originally posted by bryanh

Another fantastic read Dave; bet you spent a good number of hours researching and proof reading[:T]

A lot of MD'rs did some of the research for me [:D] I had been trying to find out if the people I wanted to use were still alive so as not to cause any distress to families etc. I posted the thread "Where are they now" and you lads did the work for me [:T][:T][:T]

You are right about the proof reading though, I checked and checked for about 3 hours prior to posting and still found some mistakes after posting [B)][B)]

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Soprano

Another good one. Fame at last [:D][:T]

Well done mate, you fished better than I thought you would [:p][:p][:p] You have secured your place in the next one [:T][:T]

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Prawn sandwich

Brill Dave as usual,,,,,,,,,,,,, When is the book coming?

Thanks for the compliment mate. Several people have asked me about a book; I must admit that I love the idea but, once I had written it I wouldn't have a clue how to go about getting it published. Any advice would be greatly received [:T][:T]

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Cracking read Dave [:D][:T] - Bob the bank runner made me chuckle. I was half expecting a fleet of barges to navigate down the Trent and moor up opposite the Drowner's pegs [:D][:T]

Grappenall 57

Magnificent storytelling once again Dave thanks very much. Good job GP57 stood down for SOPRANO I couldn't win on the Trent for love nor money back in the day neither with Big Kev's Gudgeon bashing tactics nor with a downstream end peg!

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Grappenall 57

Magnificent storytelling once again Dave thanks very much. Good job GP57 stood down for SOPRANO I couldn't win on the Trent for love nor money back in the day neither with Big Kev's Gudgeon bashing tactics nor with a downstream end peg!

Cheers mate, I think I may have given big K too much of an advantage with that peg [:p]

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I am sure if you put your mind to writing a book you would make a good job of it, remember if it takes a couple
of years so what, a book is like a painting to an artist you leave something behind that is tangible. People in
the future will either enjoy it or throw brickbats, again so what.
Wether you would base your book on similar storylines to your short stories I do not know but when you bring in
competitions you can turn something into a `page turner`, if you get my drift.

david white

Site Supporter
Totally awesome, even with the caveat disclaimer it could be so so real in fact I'd go as far as to liken it to the media reviews on England's last two footy displays........

In the written word penned by the disillusioned ( paid to hype up story writers ie the football journalists ) the poor misguided football fan is led once again, that even with players unable to get a regular game in their club side, the new messiah manager Gareth has fashioned at team and ' new ' formation to take on the rest of the world in Russia............

REALLY !!!

Dave I far prefer your story telling, in my minds eye I'm there watching the events unfold and for a few minutes, it's easy to fantasie that maybe .....just maybe.......

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
It was brilliant! I would like to hear it on the radio but I just remembered what happened with "war of the worlds"
It could be serialised in anglers mail or penthouse! FABULOUS!!!!!![:T]