The Maggotdrowning Directories *New*

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Over the past few weeks I've been working on integrating a new Directory into Maggotdrowning.com , the results of which you can find via the top navigation.....

1600624430681.png

It's pretty much self-explanatory and there are a host of functions within it.

What I'm aiming for is for everyone to help build the directory up, add your club, local tackle shop, fisheries, to the directory (and any others you know of), it's free to do so, and in time it should become a worthwhile part of the website.

In order to add content you will need to register using the link above the orange '+ Submit Listing' button as it uses a separate database to the forums (I'm aiming to integrate the member tables at some point).
Registration is easy to do, please use your forum name to avoid confusion.
However, you do not need to register in order to browse the directories.

Once registered you can then add links using the '+Submit Listing' button on any page.....

1600638568081.png

Within the 'Submit listing' page you will see several options and fields to fill in, again pretty much self-explanatory...

1600639286860.png
1600639890591.png
1600640283069.png

Once you've submitted a listing you will see a confirmation message, this can take a few seconds.
All listings will require Admin approval before they display in order to filter out spam

That's as easy as it gets :)

Any issues please let me know, likewise if you find any bugs within it.
It should work across all browsers and devices, however submitting listings is far easier with a PC or Laptop than a mobile phone :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
As discussed on another thread, if anyone would like a collection of listings to add and to give a helping hand please let me know ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you get an error regarding 'Forbidden error parameter....' this is a conflict with a previous site cookie which your device/computer may have cached. I've done everything I can to resolve it at this end but it appears to be saved within a few individual device/machines which I can't access.

To resolve it in Chrome:
1600642381552.png

In FireFox:
1600642452414.png

For both browsers:
(1) Click to open up a pop-up window, and select 'Cookies' (Chrome), 'Clear Cookie and Site Data' (Firefox)
(2) Should show as is
(3) Select Remove
(4) Select Done (Chome only)
Note: You will have to log-in to the site afterwards

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Lot of hard work there Dave, thank you.

As you tinker in future would it be possible to add a second location/county. Wellingborough has most of its waters in Northamptonshire but the stretch of canal we control is in Leicestershire. So it would be useful if we appeared under both counties.

Is it possible to amend a listing? I may need to add an email address later.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
A great addition to the site. Well done Dave and thanks for the hard work you must have put in to it.

...But you forgot one thing:

1600681880882.png

:ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lot of hard work there Dave, thank you.

As you tinker in future would it be possible to add a second location/county. Wellingborough has most of its waters in Northamptonshire but the stretch of canal we control is in Leicestershire. So it would be useful if we appeared under both counties.

Is it possible to amend a listing? I may need to add an email address later.

Hi Neil, you should be able to add the listing into a second category ....

1600694588877.png

Likewise as the author of the listing you made you should be able to edit it without time retraints assuming I've got the permissions set correctly.
Let me know if you can't

Total

Site Supporter
@Dave .....Has Mr Spence asked you yet "......If you need 'WD40 and a Hammer' to use this application?....:oops:;)

Jokes aside, Thank you for your hard work (as always) adding this to the site....(y)

Once the listing has been done, Mod' approved/published on the forum and a mistake is spotted later, I'm assuming (hate that word) the mistake can be changed by the original author and resubmitted for Mod' approval/correction?:unsure:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes that's the case :)

Another little trick is if you are wanting to list a few, click the 'Burst out of the page' link at the bottom-left of the directories, it will open it up in a new tab with a bit more elbow room :)

1600696188265.png

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Hi Neil, you should be able to add the listing into a second category ....

1600694588877.png

Likewise as the author of the listing you made you should be able to edit it without time retraints assuming I've got the permissions set correctly.
Let me know if you can't

Thanks Dave. Yes I can edit. I have added the second county. I had not realised that the county list would appear once I clicked the appropriate second category.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've made a change to the code this morning to show the Top 10 Listings on the front page of the directories...

1600768519770.png

As new listings are added they will join the Top 10 list