the luckiest bream of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

animal 2001 2001

Hi lads its me sam I cought a match winning bream when I went in my first fishing match. I was using feeder at keadby canal with double red maggot I reeled it in and my dad was beside me with the landing net next to me. I almost had it in it was a few inches away from the landing net but then the hook came out of the fishes mouth but the strange thing was that the bream was just laid there as if it was saying come on then i've had enough. then I shoted to my dad can you get it but he was still f ing and blinding and he just happened to scoop it up and that was what won me the match

by sam thornton
the dad is baz thornton

please post about your lucky and unlucky catches please

s.thornton

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wow Sam,

That was certainly lucky

My unluckiest one recently was when I threw a 4oz skimmer back into the water instead of the keepnet - that cost me the match as there was only 2oz between me and 1st

Dave

scott essery

'Silver man'
sam

well done mate!!!!

You always need that bit of luck when your fishing and you deserve it!! Your dad did well scooping it up too.

Dave

Doh!!!!!

Ive done that too and once caught a 5lb carp and lifted it out of the landing net and about to place it into the keep net. the damn thing squirmed and went straight back in the lake costing me

So thats why you roll a carp into the keep net from the landing net

Status
Not open for further replies.