The laurels fishery/ faulkers fishery Skegness

baggerbailey

Off to skeggie this weekend and have matches at the laurels and faulkers never seen or heard of either so any info would be greatly appreciated Tia

chris1967

Site Supporter
laurels is mainly 2+2 or margins on paste corn pellet etc ,don't over feed or you'll be striking like a lune at liners and foul hookers as I found out,many times .as I have a large pole pot and do like to fill it lol

chris1967

Site Supporter
about 5ft ,very good fishing .neil and sally really nice people. you use their nets
f1's are about 2 to 3lb a piece and carp are about 3 to 4 lb a piece with occasional bigger fish

JD1946

Off to skeggie this weekend and have matches at the laurels and faulkers never seen or heard of either so any info would be greatly appreciated Tia
FAULKERS, brilliant fishery, stayed a week in july. 3 main lakes and another just opened. the first lake is smaller fish on average, the middle lake , i think is the best, no need to fish long, 2 + 2 or3 pellet , corn , meat , and paste, i fished pellet on the deck and paste,.and in the margins, i got carp to 7/8 lb , barbel these can be big, and huge bream. hope your match is on this lake, the 3rd lake where the lodges are very good again, but you will only be able to fish 1 side due to resdents only in front of the 5 lodges. you can drive to your peg and park there, wish i was there now. JD

The Big Fella

Hi

Re Faulkers - They don’t allow barbel in keepnets as I understand it, we had a mini festival there a few times so rather than weigh em as we caught em and have to get it witnessed at next peg we just didn’t bother and just said the barbel don’t count at all.

There were a few good barbel caught 8.5lb , 7.5lb, 6lb to various anglers and some smaller ones but it’s same for all

If middle lake and your pegged both sides then fishing short and margins is good ( one of our anglers had a 19lber) but if your in sections on various lakes and pegged only on one side! A feeder to far bank catches some great Ghosties....

The new lake slightly away from the other three we fished 2 years ago and it was very hard in comparison to other three but we had 11-12 on this lake and it was new and bare so probably just bedding in