The Land that Shaped me, The People and MacMillan'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
People who care - Macmillans

Early on in our Charity Raising Day, can I highlight and ask for reciprocal support if possible, for an incredibly nice couple.
Basically, when I received the Macmillan sponsorship forms, I left a couple with my parents.
My 81 year old Uncle goes for a drink every night at the local Pub, the Shepherd and Dog and I asked if he would take one there, to see if they could help.
We didnt think that it was viable at the time, as Sean and Sherran, the managers, were taking a tenancy in less than 2 weeks, some 7-8 miles away at the village of Combs, Nr Stowmarket.

I am delighted therefore to report, that despite all the upheaval, they actively pursued the task and I was amazed to discover that they had raised over 140.00 in the 2 weeks before they left!

Secondly! They asked for another form and are still actively collecting for us at their new Pub.

Thirdly, my Uncles old drinking partner, Mr Barton, sadly passed away during this period.
Sean and Sherran made a collection for the widow!
This raised 67.00 and I was also again amazed and touched that Mrs Barton requested that all the moneys be added to our Macmillan total, over and above that I have already reported!

Thus, further to my Northern Pride post can I thank the generosity of my old East Anglian Heritage and express my Pride in their help and support as I have been left the area for many years.

If you are ever in the vicinity, will you try and patronise this great couple in their new venture.

Although not themselves on the Internet, they have a nice website and offer good food and Drink (Guinness is A1)
The website is http://gardenersarms.web-page.net

Please give them a try if you are ever in the area, Its just off the A14 main road.
As an added incentive to the autograph Hunters and Norwich City Fans, Delia Smith is their next-door neighbour (and me an Ipswich supporter!)

Here's another Canarys supporter, mine host Sean,

And the lady who beats em up for the contributions (in the nicest way)
Sherran

Thank you both for your wonderful support.

Cheers
Trev

Ziptrev pug_e0.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,

Its a long way to go for a quick pint, but if I can make it Martins way for a days fishing would it be on route for a stop over?

Sound like a great couple

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

G

Trev,

How very, very nice it is to know that there are people in the world who could GIVE a damn,the Maccmillan need all the support that they can get.
Well done Trev for highlighting the effort of Sean and Sherran and the people who donated.

Well done Trev

Andy

i'm going fishing

MALC

As both Andy & Geoff have said it's great to see that with the way thing's are these days that some real kind hearted people are still about.
If i'm ever in that neck of the woods then a visit i will pay.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks Guys,
Yeah, its great to be reminded of the caring people in a hard commercial world and thanks for replying.
Geoff, to be fair, the M11 will take you to Martins easier.
The location of the pub is just off the A14, North of Ipswich, so anyone from the South going to East Anglia (perhaps the Broads) via the A12 and A14 link, will find them easily.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 03 May 2002 10:12:39 PM

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hi Ziptrev,

With all thats going on in the world posts like this one just make u stop and think

exellent effort. And if i am ever up that part of the world then a pie and a pint it shall be

tight lines

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.