The hospital is in a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col7777

I had to drop my youngest daughter off at Wythenshawe Hospital with her 9 month old baby that wasn't well.

She was in there for around an hour aand I waited outside in the car, she came out and told me she was told there was over 3 hours waiting before she could get seen.

I went home and waited for her to phone me but I hadn't been in long when she rang to say she wasn't waiting any longer as there was over 30 people in there and some had been in there for hours, the reason was there was only one doctor.

I believe a lot of the people were going mad and asking why wasn't it staffed up and my daughter said one nurse started crying under the pressure and onther nurse had to console her.

I know it's not their fault but they have to take the flak off people because of having not enough doctors on duty.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
You should see the a and e's in Ireland 6 to 8 hour waits are the norm in most hospitals. The last time I was in Wales we had to bring one of the lads to the hospital after a fall. We could not believe we were seen as quickly as we were.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
been leighton hospital in crewe a few times at A and E and they have been fantastic with him.Very promp service,so thumbs up to them.

the gaffer

seems strange how some vary as well,been to peterborough with my son a few years back,approx 4 hrs wait,we left and drove to grantham was seen xrayed and out in under half hour,always like that at peterborough and its a much bigger hospital.

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Trouble is in my opinion that there are serious shortages in front line staff that matter,
and a serious overload of non essential jobsworths that if they did not turn up for duty would not be really missed.

If a Hospital is provided to treat the sick and injured then that is where staff concentrations needs to be.

But then again I know nothing. [:(]

Harry.

andyfp

Account Locked
On a praising note.
My daughter was rushed to hospital with pregnancy problems on Thursday this week [:(], the staff and midwives cannot do enough for her.
She yold them of her fears, this is the second pregnancy with problems, and the staff put her at ease
with their reasuurance. Imogen was born 6 weeks premature. Top marks

Last edited:

andyfp

Account Locked
Thanks Harry, but Imogen was born three years ago mate.
Melanie has the same problems now as she did when she was expecting Imogen.
Col is ther no drop in centre's where you live. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.