The Great Escape..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well true to form I've left everything to the last minute before getting ready for the invasion of Stafford.

The breakfast stuff is in the fridge, the beer in Stu's garage, the maggots in mine OR are they !!

I went into the garage to sort my tackle out from the last session and guess what.... there WAS a gallon of maggots in a bucket when I last went in. Not now, about 2 pints in the bucket and 6 on the floor.

Big tip time --->> don't leave all your maggots in the same bucket (nothing to do with eggs in baskets) The maggots at the bottom become very warm, the maggots at the top sweat, the sweat causes condensation and the maggots use that to climb the sides.

Anyway they've all been captured bar a dozen or so but I suppose I'll find them when the weather warms up

Anyway I'd best go and finish sorting the rest of the gear out....

Ceya all soon, Dave

Frank

Hi Dave

You certainly will find them. I dropped a pint of maggots on the kitchen floor earlier this year and thought I had got them all.
Mrs G wasn't impressed at all when a week later returning from shopping, she walked into the kitchen to find a dozen or so flies walking around the floor. This went on for the next week - the grief went on for a lot longer :)

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.