The good, the bad and the cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudhead

Went to brighton for a couple of nights with the mrs last week. Just a last minute thing. Had a great time, some quality food (Had the same meal from the the same place 2 nights in a row) and the weather didnt treat us too bad.

I wish I could say the same for the hotel. Unfortunately, while we were out on friday, the cleaners rifled through my mrs handbag and took her camera and phone. Cut a long story short, we reported it to the police who gave us a crime reference number and as one of the owners had been rushed into hospital so there was nobody to speak to other than a receptionist and a barman that was that. We are trying to get a refund on our hotel stay. The phone was insured, but the camera wasnt.

Does anyone know where we stand as regards to the law. Can we claim any compensation or get any money back other than refunds? The hotel is only a family run one, not a big chain, so there is not really any head office or such to contact.

Col7777

Well the only ones other than yourself who had access to your romm should have been the hotel staff, so the owners won't be too happy and may offer a refund, especially when it might get in the local newspaper. [:T]

mudhead

Yeah, they have said themselves that we were the only ones in the room as well as the cleaners. I waited in the morning for the cleaners to show but only one of them turned up. Funny that.

Dont worry, you can be assured that my mrs will be on every review forum and on the blower to all the local papers.

Its a shame because that is the first time either of us have been to brighton and we both had a great time apart from the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.