The git blog

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Shorts that are too big and white socks are the new cool, you heard it here first.

I fished this offshoot of the Bure a few weeks ago, brilliant session losing count of the decent roach. Fished it this morning, same
spot same tackle, two tiny roach and a small hybrid. Funny old game this fishing lark, just when you think you have it sussed.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Forget the white socks who has a white hanky in a casual shirt pocket?
It's like a poor man's copy of a 80s Man at C&A catalogue photo.
Summer 1986 Random Dad Collection

Nice marrows PG but out of the three of you ,you will be third in "best in show"

Pompous git

Site Supporter
C&A? Na never niet nein non, it was Harry Fenton for me, ya cheeky sod!

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Me and the missis sat by Potter Heigham bridge today. Some chips along with an ice cream a very pleasant couple oh hours. Eight
people fishing and all I saw was two tiddlers caught, without exception all the anglers were fishing with feeders. The river hereabout
is full of fish, just why are people slaves to this method? I feel like going up to them and asking `why are you fishing like a nob, have
you not heard of floats`?

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

It`s........it`s........it`s PG MAN !!

{saving the world from boring fishing}

Watcha Dave, no cyclists around that bit thankfully plenty of canoes though, not that it matters the fish couldn`t care less they are more
concerned about not being scoffed by crocs. I always buy my knickers from Marks and Spencer.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Evening men, its that invisible angler again. River Bure, not sure if its the upper part of the lower river or the lower part of
the upper river or the middle bit of the middle bit. Also not sure if I am sitting in Coltishall casting into Horsted or sitting
in Horsted and casting into Coltishall, confused? Join the club.

Cannot trot too much weed so I just laid on with maggots, decent sized dace and a few small roach the highlight being a
half decent perch that thought it was a speed boat, mind you I had somehow managed to foul hook it in the tail.

Break time was a co-op so called sausage roll. The pastry resembled damp cardboard and the less said about the meat {?}
filling the better but as with most nosh outdoors in the fresh air even poor grub tastes good especially washed down with
a mug of tea.

After the so called sausage roll I decided on a change and out came the quiver rod, I can`t get my head around all the wierd
and wonderful end rigs. More loops than a loopy thing with loops in it and more knots than a knotty thing with knots in it
when all that is required is a bog standard fixed paternoster.

So just a modest catch of small fish but a satisfying session. The rain that feeds this river probably fell a couple of years ago
and after making its way through the chalk turns coarse fish into jewels and it is a privilege to catch them, I walk back to my
car a happy man.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
The best sausage roll is the Ginsters Ploughmans that's perfect for angling, pop the end and push out if you get a bite let it slide back into the sleeve and drop it on side tray. Also it tastes great.