The Floatmakers Thread

PearTree

Calder Reborn....
Site Supporter
The only thing I've noticed about the colour is how well the antena shows up if you've a light colour you can see the body under the water this makes it harder to spot a bite, especially cane top pole floats, why nearly all floats are black.
Under most normal circumstances I don't think it matters but exactly this. I find a lighter body on a pole float particularly distracting and have always blacked them out.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Pick up anything that's been in the water for a lenght of time, what colour does it go ? That's nature at work.

Dave gsx1400

Brilliant idea this. I`ve been making my own floats for a few years now, wagglers, windbeaters, sticks, pole floats, Pike pencils & bungs etc. I`ll try anything, because I get so much pleasure out of it. I also make my own wire cage feeders, various bite indicators etc. There`s nothing like making these items to your own spec. and using them with success. I don`t do `elaborate`, but I do try very hard to get things technically right for me - which is why there are always MK2`s, 3`s, 4`s and so on!