So be strong fellas, be strong[:D]

Yes yes I know how **** West Ham are, relegation blah blah blah[:p]

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
You have to admit though Marvin, the inferior team did win[:D]

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
They did mate, all the Spurs forums had bought their final tickets already, saying Pompey were going to get steam rollered, never mind 5th or hopefully 6th place beckons[:D]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well any chance Dave ever had of getting his sash jammers back has just gone right out of the window. Even if nomorelongwalks finds them they'll be going straight in the bin now [:(!].

Never mind Paul, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Europa League along with Liverpool.[:p][:D][:D][:D]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Paul were you at the game??? Im sure I noticed a lookalike in the crowd. Being serious too.

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Gutted [:(]

We never created enough clear cut chances.The longer the game went on the more it looked likey Portsmouth would score [V]

I will say though the ref got 2 decisions wrong 1st....there was nothing wrong with the equaliser,the defender bumped into James(the wink said it all [:(!]).

And secondly.............the penaltly never was.............watch it again and the defender got the ball first.

Still,no point crying over spilled milk,i've had a good drink and if anyone won'ts to have a row about the result i wont bite as i dont wont to get banned [;)][:p][:D]

mungo25

Shame - still there's always next year [:D][:D

Palacios out for Wednesday night too [:D]

Roll on St Totteringhams day....

keith74

THFC
Originally posted by mungo25

Shame - still there's always next year [:D][:D

Palacios out for Wednesday night too [:D]

Roll on St Totteringhams day....
getting later and later every season mate though[:0]. reckon you,ll miss fabregas and arshavin more than we miss wilson[;)] bring it on

mungo25

Morning Keith, can't get any closr than a couple of years ago mate "lasagnegate".

You lot still got Lennon out I think ?

Know what you are are saying about Fab & Ars but against Porto Nasri played in Fab's role and was superb - we'll see.

Anyway mate typical NLD end up being a draw no doubt, so neither of us can have bragging rights at Lindholme.

[:T]

keith74

THFC

Morning Keith, can't get any closr than a couple of years ago mate "lasagnegate".

Know what you are are saying about Fab & Ars but against Porto Nasri played in Fab's role and was superb - we'll see.

Anyway mate typical NLD end up being a draw no doubt, so neither of us can have bragging rights at Lindholme.

make you right there mate, i was feeling quite confident until yesterday. now i,m not looking forward to it at all[:H]

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
Originally posted by keith74

make you right there mate, i was feeling quite confident until yesterday. now i,m not looking forward to it at all[:H]

Predictions for St Totts day then, I'll go for

Spurs 1 Arsenal 3

I've got a feeling even a Europa League place may well be lost, gonna be a tough few games Spursers.

keith74

THFC
Originally posted by Marvin Waggler

Spurs 1 Arsenal 3

I've got a feeling even a Europa League place may well be lost, gonna be a tough few games Spursers.
the europa league qualifying goes all the way down to 8th now mate, even you could still make it[:D][8D].

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker

Spurs 1 Arsenal 3

the europa league qualifying goes all the way down to 8th now mate, even you could still make it[:D][8D].

LOL, I doubt it mate, we're still undecided whether we want Premiership football next season, we may just decide to give the Championship a go[;)][:D]

lurkio

A little dab'll do

we may just decide to give the Championship a go[;)][:D]

I don't think you could handle the quality. [:D]

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
Originally posted by lurkio

I know mate, I don't think many clubs realise how tough a league it is down there, & far more competetive than the Prem in my opinion, the Play Offs are hellish to go through.

lurkio

A little dab'll do

I know mate, I don't think many clubs realise how tough a league it is down there, & far more competetive than the Prem in my opinion, the Play Offs are hellish to go through.

It's just different to the Prem. You've got to battle as well as try to play football. It can also sort out those that are more committed. Players have to be able to motivate themselves for Tuesday/Wednesday night games in winter in front of smaller crowds in less than flash stadia. Not always a bad thing though.

Consistency is the key and using as small a squad as possible. There are smaller groups at the top and bottom, two or three in each and the other 18/20 have little to choose between them and can either be looking at the play-offs or looking over thier shoulders at the relegation fight.

Look at Reading. Two months ago in the bottom three now, they could finish within striking distance of the play-offs. All it takes is a decent run.

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker

It's just different to the Prem. You've got to battle as well as try to play football. It can also sort out those that are more committed. Players have to be able to motivate themselves for Tuesday/Wednesday night games in winter in front of smaller crowds in less than flash stadia. Not always a bad thing though.

Consistency is the key and using as small a squad as possible. There are smaller groups at the top and bottom, two or three in each and the other 18/20 have little to choose between them and can either be looking at the play-offs or looking over thier shoulders at the relegation fight.

Look at Reading. Two months ago in the bottom three now, they could finish within striking distance of the play-offs. All it takes is a decent run.

& That's the main stumbling block of many a team who go down, they get this attitude that because they've gone down from a higher league that a jump straight back up is guaranteed, BUT the reality is much different as you know with Derby, and as we found out last time we went down. We had the wrong mentality and struggled both times to just get into the PLAY OFFS, only getting promotion by the skin of our teeth.

Newcastle have done so well because they have managed to keep hold of a hard core set of experianced players from their Premiership squad that went down, & they have set the blue print on how relegated teams should tackle the long hard fight back.

lurkio

A little dab'll do

& That's the main stumbling block of many a team who go down, they get this attitude that because they've gone down from a higher league that a jump straight back up is guaranteed, BUT the reality is much different as you know with Derby, and as we found out last time we went down. We had the wrong mentality and struggled both times to just get into the PLAY OFFS, only getting promotion by the skin of our teeth.

Newcastle have done so well because they have managed to keep hold of a hard core set of experianced players from their Premiership squad that went down, & they have set the blue print on how relegated teams should tackle the long hard fight back.

And the gap is widening all the time.

I can't remember who it was, but one of the pundits on one of the TV games over the week-end was talking about Newcastle's chances next term.

He said that, and obviously it is merely his opinion, if Newcastle spent a mere 15m he didn't think they'd stay up. If they doubled it they might just have a chance - and that's to a squad that has basically walked the league this season!

30m just to have a chance of staying up!

Status
Not open for further replies.