Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
http://i.imgur.com/nQsrAGi.jpg

Spot the difference [:p]

pole addict

Always amazes me how teams can pull a performance out the bag when they need to but seem lacklustre for the previous games that got them in that dire position in the 1st place.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Shows how much football is played in the head. You see it quite a bit don't you, a team goes 1-0 down and then start playing. Remember some would say after going 1-0 up, 'still 0-0 lads'.

I would say that, along with re-starts (goals coming after and especially lengthy delay) win or lose 50% of matches.

mansfield lad

That game last night was awful. I've not enjoyed this tournament at all if I'm honest, the games I've watched have been poor quality

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Agree and it's because with more teams in the finals this year and as a result 4/6 3rd places making it through, it has been about not losing, rather than trying to win. You can get through the group without winning a game. In Portugal's case, they then also get rewarded (for their 3rd place finish and 3 draws), by being placed against a 2nd place finisher.

They should go back to the original 4 groups and progress the top two only. If they want to have more teams in it and make the stages the same as the world cup, then have 8 groups, but still progressing the top two.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Shakiris strike probably the highlight so far.

Although it hasn't been that great, I cannot bring myself to criticise teams that do park the bus, up to them how they want to play. They can be undone though and be left wandering, 'whoops, what do we do now', the trick is to score asap against them:

Germany 3 Slovakia 0

If we don't score in the first 20 minutes against Iceland, get ready for another long and frustrating night.

david white

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Northantslad

If we don't score in the first 20 minutes against Iceland, get ready for another long and frustrating night.

Hope you don't mind I've edited your quote a tad !!

If we don't score against Iceland get ready for a long a frustrating two years...........

pole addict

BBC sport saying Sterling set to be recalled to the starting line-up in place of Llalana.
Llalana has been our most industrious midfielder thus far.
Big mistake from Woy if he's done that.

H T B

Site Supporter
Originally posted by pole addict

BBC sport saying Sterling set to be recalled to the starting line-up in place of Llalana.
Llalana has been our most industrious midfielder thus far.
Big mistake from Woy if he's done that.

When Townsend was at Spurs, Roy called him his go to player. Not had a look in since moving to the toon, despite playing better than Stirling.
Could do with him now!
If someone took the dido out of Stirling's backside he may be able to run and cross the ball without the worry of it falling out [:D]

david white

Site Supporter
Hope Roy gives Sterling plenty of warning that he might be playing he's so bloody indecisive it must take him ages to work out which boot goes on which foot, that,s if his brain remembers that he needs to put some on ...........

( it would give me great pleasure if after the match I have to put my hands up and say well done, too him, but I ain't holding my breath )

BrianEmb

It looks as though Roy is expecting Iceland to park the bus and as our only nominal wide player it looks as though he'll want Sterling to get outside and put in crosses. Makes leaving Townsend at home even sillier.

nrayner

jukebox1

Meh....was hoping after Iceland we may have gotten Lidl in the next round [:C]

nrayner

It's quite staggering how such an elite highly paid team from a country drawing players from a population of 50 million plus can be so cr*p and unspirited by comparison with a team from a country of 300,000 souls.

Last edited:

jukebox1

Originally posted by nrayner

It's quite staggering how such an elite highly paid team from a country drawing players from a population of 50 million plus can be so cr*p and unspirited by comparison with a team from a country of 300,000 souls.

Elite - never been elite.
50 million - 40 million of them are fookin immigrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.