The Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.

shang

Wales scoring 3 and currently top of the group.

Agree, Henderson just isn't good enough yet we substitute Wilshere who did OK.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
And then Llanna, when Henderson couldn't deliver a ball night.
For all the patient nice stuff in the first 80, here we are chasing a goal in the last 10 again.

Not ruling out a Slovakia sucker punch either.

shang

Well that was a bit rubbish !! We wont win anything without a proper goal threat and we don't look to have that .... maybe we do need Rooney up front after all ?

BrianEmb

Big mistake not playing our best 11 from the start. Get the job done and then bring on the others.
Vardy, Sturridge and Wilshere very poor. Henderson worked hard and tried. Clyne had a good first half but faded. Bertrand didn't do enough. Llalana did OK and should have stayed on for longer. Dier was by far the best player. Rooney was trying too hard. Alli could have won it with his first touch but very little space to work in. Needed Townsend for a game like this but he is probably sitting on a beach somewhere.

pole addict

All that posession and the only chance of a goal I can think of is when Vardy was through on the keeper.
Never seen so many useless crosses, overhit passes and running up a blind alley.
Rooney came on and improved the corner taking, but I got the impression he felt like he had to be England's saviour and consequently tried to do far too much on his own.
Seemed to be a complete lack of movement up front.
How many times did Dier bring the ball out, meet the opposition and didn't have a forward pass?

As has been said...thousands of nice little passes for little if any threat.

Playing the runners up in group F now.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
What, you mean, that bloke who was a striker before Van Gaal decided otherwise and all of a sudden he's past it and must play in Midfield for England too?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
3 Games now and all followed the same pattern, experiential learning.....not.

Thought Wrighty, who usually speaks his mind was about to say we just need a bit of luck............

That's me till Saturday, too frustrating, I should be recharged and ready to sit through it all again by then.

jods

I blame the structure of the competition in bygone days Slovakia would have needed to win. Now they park the bus for best 3rd place finish.
Russia needed to win so had to attack and Wales took advantage. I suppose we only have ourselves to blame, if we had won the first game this one wouldn't have mattered.

shang

Please can we play the Portuguese ladyboy and make him cry ?

[:D]

jods

Originally posted by BrianEmb

Big mistake not playing our best 11 from the start. Get the job done and then bring on the others.
Vardy, Sturridge and Wilshere very poor. Henderson worked hard and tried. Clyne had a good first half but faded. Bertrand didn't do enough. Llalana did OK and should have stayed on for longer. Dier was by far the best player. Rooney was trying too hard. Alli could have won it with his first touch but very little space to work in. Needed Townsend for a game like this but he is probably sitting on a beach somewhere.
Spurs fan, already forgot how they didn't step up when it mattered. What makes you think they can do for England what they couldn't do for the people who pay them?

BrianEmb

Originally posted by pole addict

Dier was by far the best player.

Really????

What exactly did you see him do to warrant that statement?

A lot more than the rest of them put together. Controlled the game, covered when he had to and looked to pick passes. Laid a fifty yarder on to Sturridge in the first half but his first touch let him down and played a great ball over the top in the second half to Sturridge who just kicked fresh air.

Who would you say was better?

jods

Originally posted by shang

Please can we play the Portuguese ladyboy and make him cry ?

[:D]
Aye he's been ****e bet he ups his game if he plays against us though! If Bale can beat Hart from 35 yards?

Last edited:

BrianEmb

Originally posted by jods

Spurs fan, already forgot how they didn't step up when it mattered. What makes you think they can do for England what they couldn't do for the people who pay them?

I'm note sure what in my post prompted that response.

davylad

Site Supporter
It's always difficult for most sides when their opponents just sit back, but when the tournament gets going, teams will attack and give England a lot more space on the break. I hope so anyway, then we've just got hope the defence is ok.

lurkio

A little dab'll do

Originally posted by pole addict

Dier was by far the best player.

Really????

What exactly did you see him do to warrant that statement?

A lot more than the rest of them put together. Controlled the game, covered when he had to and looked to pick passes. Laid a fifty yarder on to Sturridge in the first half but his first touch let him down and played a great ball over the top in the second half to Sturridge who just kicked fresh air.

Who would you say was better?

Well, here's a starting point:

"Nathaniel Clyne created seven chances for England, equalling their record for a single major tournament match since 1980..."

Status
Not open for further replies.