Site Supporter
9C89949C-AF49-4E44-9FFB-EF770416BD9B.jpeg

AE8D570A-EB5D-4C51-8CF1-3B379B08D34E.jpeg

62tucker

Site Supporter
Bichons are lapdog they say 🤔

62tucker

Site Supporter
Double teeth. Do you think it’s normal and will the baby ones eventually fall out. Front ones went wobbly and fell
Out ok.

900830FD-FEC6-4F58-A2CD-EB386DE9D251.jpeg

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
My puppy cookie who is 10 years old is fed on a whole raw chicken wing between 12 and 1 , and 400gms of mixed raw minced meat, any two of these, chicken, turkey, lamb, beef, rabbit all from Natures menu blocks at 6pm.
By the way my blue was fed the same and for a staffie he lasted a long time, 16 years and 8 months
20200319_220204.jpg

Last edited:

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Doggy drama this afternoon. Mustard the Cockapoo latched onto a wasp that duly stung the inside of his mouth. Yikes! Called the vet and they tell me to give him Pirotin. Don’t have any, neither does next door neighbour #1 but she will come and look after him while I zoom up to Boots (even though she has Covid- she sat outside bless her). Nazi pharmacist wouldn’t sell me Pirotin (I stupidly said it was for the dog in my haste) so raced back home via a friend’s house (nope) thinking a trip to the vet is coming. Had forgotten to ask next door neighbour #2 and bingo! Tesco version of Pirotin (he’s a chemist so could affirm the active ingredient was the same).

Blimey, what a palaver. I feel quite discombobulated after all that 😆 Thankfully hound seems to be ok. Just a touch lethargic. I know the pharmacist had a point but I’m temporarily slapping a personal sanction on Boots the chemist (until I’m desperate for a new tube of Anusol 🤣)

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Only 6 items out of 33 in that composition mix that I can see that a dog can digest.
Many pet nutritionists believe that dog diets should mimic that of their wolf ancestors as their digestive systems have barely changed. From studying their diet it has become mostly agreed that dogs should eat a diet containing around 60% meat and 40% plant matter, such as vegetables, herbs and fruit.

For that reason, diets that are grain-free use vegetables, herbs and fruit in place of grains. For example:

Potatoes, peas, carrots, apples, spinach, seaweed, alfalfa, peppermint, thyme, lentils, pumpkins and berries.

These provide a good source of digestible fibre which strengthens their immune system, promotes all areas of health and enriches their diet with important vitamins and minerals.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Cookie eats grass. That's comes out the same way it went in.
Never known a wolf to dig up potatoes or pod peas .
No I believe they are cheap fillers seeing the size of their defecation against cookies little round balls / nuggets.
But each to their own.