The Doggy Thread.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Albert suffers Anxiety attacks especially with loud noises or if any of us are upset he seems to have a inner sense to it. We were warned his Dad had a similar streak in him but he is a Really loving dog with us but is weary of others.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
She has got better as she got older with this Xmas lark.
Loud noise. Shotguns. Gas guns in fields. Fireworks. Etc.
Have never bothered her 1 bit from day 1.
My mates cocker is a wreak when the gas guns are out in the crop fields. ?‍♂️

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I cut my hand at work a few week back and soon as i walked in he was on it, even to the point of Obsession till he had cleaned it, he then sat with me nudging my hand to see if it was ok.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Blood. They smell it a mile off.
Also dog saliva is full of nastiness that’s why they need to wear a funnel after a op as a few licks can cause infection.
Might of altered your sing voice ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Well my mate phoned me at 7am this morning asking that horrible question. Can I go over and help him with his dog. Booked in for 9:30 to be sent to doggy heaven.
Had a fit in the night and can’t get up. 15 years old. Poor sod. He will find it tough as on his own and dog keeps him active. 73 years old. Polio sufferer. Can only use 1 arm so can’t lift the dog.
Spoke to him last night and he had her out twice for short walks yesterday but he knew it was coming. He just wanted to get her to Xmas.?

stikflote

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about that ,but you can help your friend
,.It is not good on your own ,i ve been there ,soon bought another dog,.

one of my daughters lost her dog at 16years ,after a couple weeks we got a another one

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
He says he not getting another but everyone says that.
He always said he fancied a Jack Russell so maybe he could get a rescue that’s a few years old. He worried he will die before the dog and what would happen to it.
I been phoning him extra with covid as he lonely.
Even worse now.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Well my mate phoned me at 7am this morning asking that horrible question. Can I go over and help him with his dog. Booked in for 9:30 to be sent to doggy heaven.
Had a fit in the night and can’t get up. 15 years old. Poor sod. He will find it tough as on his own and dog keeps him active. 73 years old. Polio sufferer. Can only use 1 arm so can’t lift the dog.
Spoke to him last night and he had her out twice for short walks yesterday but he knew it was coming. He just wanted to get her to Xmas.?
We lost our first dog on 17th December 2010. We were both heartbroken. It was a terribly hard Christmas without him. We adopted Bilbo on the 27th. They never replace the one you lost but it always helps. We feel the same way about him now.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
We lost our first dog on 17th December 2010. We were both heartbroken. It was a terribly hard Christmas without him. We adopted Bilbo on the 27th. They never replace the one you lost but it always helps. We feel the same way about him now.
24/12/14 I had to have our Max put to sleep. He got cancer. Kept him going with chemotherapy for 10 months after his first diagnosis but, it caught up with him in the end bless him. I’d sooner put half my relatives to sleep than that dog. I loved him to bits.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
He says he not getting another but everyone says that.
He always said he fancied a Jack Russell so maybe he could get a rescue that’s a few years old. He worried he will die before the dog and what would happen to it.
I been phoning him extra with covid as he lonely.
Even worse now.
He could foster a dog. Some charities can't house all the dogs, so fostering is an option, plus they pay vet bills (usually). We originally fostered our 'doodle. She found a new home, but didn't stay there long. We fosterd her again, and I thought sod it, can't keep sending her from pillar to post, so adopted her ourselves.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I just phoned him again to check up on him. And has said he will probably end up with another as he needs to get 2 walks a day in as he had polio as a kid and on a ventilator at night so needs to keep going as it helps his body.
He’s as tough as old boots. But has to be or he be dead long ago.