the Dawn of a New Age

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. J Robert Oppenheimer.

It is a sobering to think that mankind has the capacity to destroy the world we all live on, not just figuratively but literally.

Incidentally I taught my daughter the meaning behind the lyrics to Enola Gay - she was once set exactly that task as her English homework (her teacher was ex Tank regiment) She put her hand up and told the teacher she knew what the words meant, she had to go to the front and prove it, she did wso was excused homework that day. I am a firm believer that it's vital to pass on important lessons from history, especially now, when they can be so easily drowned out by the incessant chitter chatter of modern times.

Dusty

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. J Robert Oppenheimer.

It is a sobering to think that mankind has the capacity to destroy the world we all live on, not just figuratively but literally.

Incidentally I taught my daughter the meaning behind the lyrics to Enola Gay - she was once set exactly that task as her English homework (her teacher was ex Tank regiment) She put her hand up and told the teacher she knew what the words meant, she had to go to the front and prove it, she did wso was excused homework that day. I am a firm believer that it's vital to pass on important lessons from history, especially now, when they can be so easily drowned out by the incessant chitter chatter of modern times.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
A very poignant quote from one of the tv progs about it today - I didn't catch it all. The lady may have been a survivor or descendant of one.
But she said something like; "Don't say you are sorry. We don't want to hear sorry. Put that energy into never letting it happen again"