The Covid jab, and its side effects !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Went today for my lurgey jab

got there early'ish, no queue, welcomed by the bouncers on the door and strolled in,

met by a squirter for a free handfull of disenfectant gel, then

quizzed by a very nice welcomer and offered up my individual number for my appointment, all good so far

was directed to my spot on the floor and stood there waiting until the previous one was vacated, half a dozen stops and Im directed to a desk where a angel in blue scrubs was awaiting for me to tell her all my details, whether I felt well etc, all done then back up to another spot

5 mins later, Im sent to where three other blue scrub clad persons of a medical nature are and invited to disrobe, kit off double quick and sat sitting on the chair,

right or left handed was the question, right I answered, so it was decide that my left upper arm was to be the spot the needle went in

alcohol wiped my bare flesh and a tiny prick of pain was felt, all done said the lady in blue, my eyes near welled up at that, such relief being felt by yours truly,

thanking them yet again, it was on with my jacket and hoody and I was off to the resting spot they pointed too

on the phone to the wench and she was on her way to pick me up in the tiny car

all sorted, taken back home and drinking coffee, my eyes felt heavy and I nodded off

10 mins later, I being poked by the comely wench, with the question on her lips, are you alright ?

this happened at regular interval all through the after and into the early evening

no effects from the jab, just a tad of a bruise and slight soreness where it went in

but my other bloody arm is bruised to buggery where I kept getting poked and bashed to wake up to check if I was okay

And I got a little badge for being a brave boy given to me by the injection nurse !

Last edited:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I assume you are talking about Debenhams old building, me and bint queued for over an hour.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Bouncers on the door ? Wasn’t Spearmint Rhinos you went to was it Mick ? 🤣🤣

I reckon you’ve been thinking of this day for some time. Not sleeping as good as you usually do matey. First few landing net fish and you’ll be ok. 🤣👍

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
yes
I assume you are talking about Debenhams old building, me and bint queued for over an hour.
mate, its now owned by the council and called the "Folca" building

was in and out in less than half hour inc waiting time

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
god loves a try'er
How long is the needle Mick ? Watched a guy on TV having it done and the nurse must have pushed the needle in a good inch and half. I thought it was going to pop out the other side of the poor chaps arm. It looked huge. 😳

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
How long is the needle Mick ? Watched a guy on TV having it done and the nurse must have pushed the needle in a good inch and half. I thought it was going to pop out the other side of the poor chaps arm. It looked huge. 😳
tiny little thing

nothing like the huge great weapons they will use on my blood test thing next week

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Had the Pfizer last Wednesday, no side effects although my wife was a out of sorts the next day feeling a little jaded with a headache. Both had sore arms very similar to tetanus but 2 days later both right as rain.

Have to say the organisation was superb and was as smooth as clockwork with 1700 people inoculated the day we had our jabs.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
We both had the Pfizer a couple of weeks ago. I was fine, didn't feel a thing & had no side effects. I'm a scouser though & we're dead 'ard allegedly so no self-respecting germ will live on us.
Missus was a bit achey & out of it at night though.

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
had my covid jab monday...ok all that day..just felt like i had the flu next day..next day was fine.
wife had her jab friday..felt cold all day today..tired...ached all over so hopefuly be ok sunday...
worth the wait i hope