the chesterfield canal ant the river in derbyshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

chub

has anyone fished the restored section of canal in derbyshire as i am thinking of fishing it

and has anyone ever fished the river rother in chesterfield as i saw some cracking grayling in it and was wondering who owns the rights to this river and if the fishing was free .

i love catching chub

fishfinger

hi chub
if you try to get hold of the ANGLING STAR its got a bit on the canal.
i've fished it a few weeks a go on the first bit you can fish from town with no luck but the stavely end is on good form.
If you can't get the star let me know and i'll post at bit thats in[:D]

Chopper

There was a match on the cemetry length on the chezzy canal on Sunday, It was won with 5 tench and a few bits from near the bridge where it widens right out.

My mate fished and had a couple of little chub and a few bits for 3.5lb, that was about the average weight.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

chub

fishfinger
i got the angling star today and read the piece about the chesterfield canal but it was about the stretch in stavely and made no mention of the canal around tapton lock

have you tried the rother around arnold lavers as i saw some good grayling upstream in the river hipper

i love catching chub

fishfinger

the only bit of the canal you can fish is the bit run by the barrowhill club but i've not been up the lavers end for abit[:)]

chub

fishfinger
when you fished the area around lavers did you catch much if you did what did you catch [?][?][?][?]

i love catching chub

fishfinger

i haven'f fished as far down as lavers as you can't fish the canal there but i did fish the part near the pub at the lower end of brampton(before i knew i couldn't fish there[:D])and it's got some big fish in there,i going to try and get the council to allow fishing there seeing that you can fish other parts of the canal after all the tow path is big enough for fishing and walkers to both use safely(i'm expecting lots of red tape[:D]).

the fishing pixies tell me to go fishing

chub

i aggree with you that fishing should be avalible along the WHOLE length of the chesterfield canal in derbyshire and not just the piece near stavely [:(!] why dont we get a petition started to open up the canal along the 5 mile stretch between chesterfield and stavley[?]

i love catching chub

fishfinger

it's not a bad idea but it's getting the numbers to sign it,even though things like parking would not be a problem as thay keep putting new car parks in for the walkers and even if thay charge 3quid for a day ticket it would make them money [:D],they only have to ask barrow hill to see that they would be able to cash in

chub

maybee if we put petitions in the local tackle shops we would get the numbers required [;)]

i love catching chub

fishfinger

well if we don't try we'll never know[:D],i'll see what i can do at my end as i've got to go into town tomorrow so i'll nip into the town hall while i'm there,see what thay have to say(not much knowing them[:D])

chub

good luck in the town hall i will send an e-mail to the countryside service that controls the canal from tapton lock and see what they say

i love catching chub

Status
Not open for further replies.