The centrepin thread....

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Here’s a pin conundrum for you all. I know of a spare spool for my Trudex II but it’s 100 doubloons. I love my Trudex and would happily make a move for the spool, but I’d have to sell something. Do I sell my Okuma 1002 to help fund it?!

🤔

TiggerXFM

Here’s a pin conundrum for you all. I know of a spare spool for my Trudex II but it’s 100 doubloons. I love my Trudex and would happily make a move for the spool, but I’d have to sell something. Do I sell my Okuma 1002 to help fund it?!

🤔
Sell the okuma 😱.
Seriously, i'd sell the trudex first Alan.
I have a spare spool for a purist 2040, i've never used it yet! I'd rather use another reel 😉👍.
Save a bit more to the 100 doublooms and look at a different reel !

qtaran111

Site Supporter
Cracking chub, well done. And that dace face, unbelievable! I‘ve been dying to get out myself this week but life/work getting in the way.

TiggerXFM

I had several hours out roaving the river again this afternoon and had a great session. It was 7 degrees today, so 2 up on yesterday. There was a bitterly cold downstream wind though which made life a little uncomfortable. Because I was fishing a swim and then moving on regularly (roving) and not wading in the river I kept warm enough.
I had lots of chub, some propper chunky ones in some swims, little chub and dace in other swims. Longest trott today was 70yds, I strode it out so no exagerration.
I used the same set up as yesterday and i'm glad I did as those chub really powered towards the snags etc.
A few pic's from the session....

IMG-1722.jpg

IMG-1728.jpg

IMG-1725.jpg

IMG-1730.jpg

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Lucky birthday boy today - my darling wife does listen to me and look what I got:

7E99EA2F-3534-422C-8289-FAF5BDA4FBA3.jpeg

It is sooooo shiny and sooooooooo smooth running and I cannot wait to get some line on it and put it to the rest - probably after Christmas now as work and church are full on this time of year.

Mr_Moo

Site Supporter
Lucky birthday boy today - my darling wife does listen to me and look what I got:

7E99EA2F-3534-422C-8289-FAF5BDA4FBA3.jpeg

It is sooooo shiny and sooooooooo smooth running and I cannot wait to get some line on it and put it to the rest - probably after Christmas now as work and church are full on this time of year.

I got one in the AD TICKET sales. How much backing would you put on and is there a knack for the amount of backing to how much main you'd want?

crusty

You don't need backing, and personally, I just wind 100m of line on and I've never had a problem with bedding in, even after landing accidental barbel or carp on light lines.

Ian