Reuben

Site Supporter
New toy has arrived.

68FF6154-A387-426E-B908-881DEFA81059.jpeg
Great reels for the money.

TiggerXFM

New toy has arrived.

68FF6154-A387-426E-B908-881DEFA81059.jpeg

If you look at the handles on your reel they are different to the majority of the aventas. I do remember seeing them with those handles pictured in adverts, never seen them in the flesh though. I'm not 100% sure but the rim of your reel looks different to my ones also, it looks thicker where it steps down to seat the cross bar plate.
Seeing the completed listings you got a great bargain 👍.

Shadrack

If you look at the handles on your reel they are different to the majority of the aventas. I do remember seeing them with those handles pictured in adverts, never seen them in the flesh though. I'm not 100% sure but the rim of your reel looks different to my ones also, it looks thicker where it steps down to seat the cross bar plate.
Seeing the completed listings you got a great bargain 👍.
Hadn’t noticed the differences but yeah it looks like they normally have plain black handles. I paid £75 including postage so I’m happy, seems most of them go for around £100

TiggerXFM

Hadn’t noticed the differences but yeah it looks like they normally have plain black handles. I paid £75 including postage so I’m happy, seems most of them go for around £100
You deffo got a bargain!
The handles are all that wood type looking plastic but the handles on yours are a different shape. Having just had a look at mine the rim is deffo different also. I'm not sure if they may not have put as much shamfered edge on yours which makes the front edge of the rim thicker, if you get me?

Shadrack

You deffo got a bargain!
The handles are all that wood type looking plastic but the handles on yours are a different shape. Having just had a look at mine the rim is deffo different also. I'm not sure if they may not have put as much shamfered edge on yours which makes the front edge of the rim thicker, if you get me?
Interesting.
It feels very nice. Looking forward to getting on the river with it when they reopen

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I doubt the average person would either know or care about the difference, to be honest. It's not really the issue.

TiggerXFM

I doubt the average person would either know or care about the difference, to be honest. It's not really the issue.
There is no issue, we are talking about the reels because they are of interest to us.

Why have you even posted on this thread with such a silly comment....?

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I accidentally posted on the wrong thread. This was supposed to be on the school shooting thread and refers to the difference between automatic and semiautomatic weapons

TiggerXFM

I had my first trip to the river today, how hot was it today!
The river was very low and going off it's colour and the nasty brown foam collected in large patches in some places a big percentage of the water was out of the sewage plants!
Anyhow, despite the weather and the sewage filled river I did manage to catch some fish, I even had a very nice grayling and a huge troot. I swapped between trotting the float and touch legering and caught well enough using both methods.
A few pic's from the afternoons fishing....

IMG-1492.jpg

IMG-1493.jpg

IMG-1497.jpg

IMG-1499.jpg

IMG-1500.jpg

TiggerXFM

I knew I shouldn't have botherd going to the river today. When I got there it was blowing a gale and there was no shortage of anglers. The trip became more of a bailiffing session than a trotting session as I spent the first 45 mins checking memberships! Eventualy I got to a swim that I could fish, anyhow, I caught quite a few dace and small chub with a few chub of about 1 1/2 to 4lb. I moved upstream to another spot but only caught small chub and dace.
After that I had to check more membership books until I got a b*****d midgey in my eye which made me come home!
All in all, a sorry excuse for a trotting session 🙄.
Here's the only picture I botherd to take, a small chub....

IMG-1502.jpg