The centrepin thread....

TiggerXFM

Thanks, mate. I currently own just a Trudex & it’s a good un but every time I see a Bewick I regret selling mine. I dare say one will come my way at some stage. 😎

You could sell the trudex and use the coin for a bewick 😉.
Narrh, just kiddin, if you like your trudex who am I to slate em.
Best of luck if you do decide to get one 😎👍.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Hello chaps, hope you've all had a good Christmas etc.

What do you use to store your precious pins in when they're not on a rod? My Okuma has a neoprene pouch and the lad has a soft pouch for his TF Gear pin, but I'm keeping my eye out for something suitable for my Trudex I and II.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Hello chaps, hope you've all had a good Christmas etc.

What do you use to store your precious pins in when they're not on a rod? My Okuma has a neoprene pouch and the lad has a soft pouch for his TF Gear pin, but I'm keeping my eye out for something suitable for my Trudex I and II.
Most of my reels came with a pouch of some description, often neoprene. However, my favourite reels tend to live in Lone Angler (defunct brand) zip up pouches. I've just got an MTC (Mill Tackle Company) Wrap Around Reel Pouch for when the reel is on a rod to be used. No zips to get line caught when carrying set up between swims.

Youngs also supply a reel case with new reels that they also sell as an accessory. It shares enough similarities to the Lone Angler and MTC reel cases to suggest that all three are probably made by the same company.

TiggerXFM

I like the barbel picture on your wall 🖼️👍
Thanks SeanB, it's a John Searl print. I wanted one off John and spoke to him about it on the blower, I was going to get severl off him. Anyhow, I told him I would get back to him shortly when i'd decided which ones I wanted. Sadly he died a week after I spoke to him so I had to try and source one elsewhere. I am a fan of Johns art work.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Can't say I'm familiar with his work but the one you have looks fantastic, almost photographic.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Most of my reels came with a pouch of some description, often neoprene. However, my favourite reels tend to live in Lone Angler (defunct brand) zip up pouches. I've just got an MTC (Mill Tackle Company) Wrap Around Reel Pouch for when the reel is on a rod to be used. No zips to get line caught when carrying set up between swims.

Youngs also supply a reel case with new reels that they also sell as an accessory. It shares enough similarities to the Lone Angler and MTC reel cases to suggest that all three are probably made by the same company.
The Youngs one looks really nice, but costly at 30 notes.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Seems a little steep to me too. If they are as good as the MTC and Lone Angler ones, They will be good quality.
I've wondered about buying one of those Greys reel cases. They are for fly reels I "think" but might just do the job for a pin and they take four reels.

TiggerXFM

Can't say I'm familiar with his work but the one you have looks fantastic, almost photographic.
He is very well known, i'm sure there will be lots of info about him on the net.
My mrs got these two pictures out of the book red letter days, it was an old battered copy so it didn't bother me ruining the book. Unfortunately there are great pictures on the other side so I need another old copy to use the other sides and put them into frames also.

20211229-195205.jpg

20211229-195316.jpg

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Sadly he died a week after I spoke to him.
I wish you'd mentioned that before you called me!

I've wondered about buying one of those Greys reel cases. They are for fly reels I "think" but might just do the job for a pin and they take four reels.
Be careful with stuff made for fly reels. They often come up a little small for centrepins of 4" and more.

TiggerXFM

Thats way to good a copy to start pulling pages out though lol.
The one I took the pages out of was free from a book cycle, it was a tatty copy. I need another tatty copy to get the same pages out, but use the other sides because there are different pictures on them which are very nice and would look great in frames. If you look in one of my pics you can seen I have a nice copy of the red letter days book on top of my reel cabinet 😉.

TiggerXFM

These are corkers....

I have a 4inch one which a adcock stanton came in 17yrs back. The one in the link is 4 1/2 inch.
I have only ever seen about three of them for sale in all those years since I got mine.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
These are corkers....

I have a 4inch one which a adcock stanton came in 17yrs back. The one in the link is 4 1/2 inch.
I have only ever seen about three of them for sale in all those years since I got mine.
Cheers Tigger (y)