The Buzz of the Take

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Agreed, that feeling when the rod is seemingly in mid-air before you grab it, and the sensation of weight on the other end as it goes on its first run.

Ive been mainly pole fishing since I got my new pole, but next weekend I’m getting the feeder rod out for a few hours 👍
You wont get a bite unless you turn to reach for something or pour a cuppa 😁,i love feeder fishing also .

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
First go on the shallow line , slap the rig , and Laccy shoots out 😂😂😂
Absolutely my favourite is up in the water ,reminds me so much of fly fishing 🎣 a nice lovely cast to a rising trout and bang ,rod like a horse shoe . Its brilliant f1 ,carp ,trout or anything else .

BBear

Site Supporter
I love it when a stick float dips, you strike into solid resistance and there’s obviously a good fish on. However the absolute best feeling for me is a take from a trout when nymph fishing. It only lasts a split second but nothing else matches it. I think it because you’re fishing so direct.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Stick float fishing is great when you don't know what you're going to catch, and when I'm fishing with a light rod it only has to be a slightly bigger fish and I will say to myself "This is a bit of a betterer fish".

squimp

Site Supporter
Try casting a fly to a big tarpon or Giant Trevally.

If it decides to eat the fly you know life is going to get very complicated, very fast. And on top of that if you make any sort of mistake your tackle will be trashed instantly.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter

If it decides to eat the fly you know life is going to get very complicated, very fast. And on top of that if you make any sort of mistake your tackle will be trashed instantly.
Makes my legs go to jelly just seeing tarpon can’t imagine what it’s like to watch them take your bait.

On one of my early trips to the US a big old snook of probably 15-20lb would swim around the backyard dock most days which would have made sight fishing perfection. I just didn’t dare cast at it as it would have obliterated me on 10lb gear in the snagfest of the spot as you can imagine from the picture of its home below.

Then on the trip the year before last I was retrieving a Mayan cichlid (first I’d ever managed to hook) from under the dock below and something big and silver, presumably snook or tarpon couldn’t be sure as happened so fast, just flew out from mid canal and inhaled it. Before I could blink I was face down on the dock with only half a rod left!

BBear

Site Supporter

I’d love to try that