The bricky stockton (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecca

Another smoggy
Well after nearly 2 years without a car and because of ill health, i finally managed to get out fishing.

I had purchased a new wychwood rogue x barbel rod 1.75 tc and i was dying to test it out floater fishing my local pond.

As usual no one was fishing for the carp most were pole fishing for the tench.

I sat myself in a quet corner in my favourite carp peg and started firing out dog biscuits.
08062007255.png

After 20 minutes of firing out biscuits i noticed the odd swirl 20 yards out so i set up with 10lb straight through to a bubble float and a size 10 raptor hook.

Would you believe it after two years, and just 30 minutes on the bank i landed my second biggest ever carp this 18lb cracker
08062007252.png
08062007254.png

Only when i landed it did i realaise i had Not brought my scales and i had not brought the camera i was devastated especially about the camera.

In the end another lad on the far bankmet me half way round the pond and weighed it for me. Luckily my girlfried had her phone on her and took these terrible pics.

I had no further takes, However after that i dont think i had enough energy to land another carp and im still aching now 3 days later as i suffer from M.E. But it was worth it[:D]

This is the same pond and same peg i caught my pb 20lb 4oz in my sig pic

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Mark. thumbsup.gif

A little play and they aren't that bad as photo's from a mobile go. [;)]

Datafile11.asp

sholee01

well done mate for your first outing in 2 years its a good way to get back into it

bob wynne

well done mate
great fish and keep on fighting your illness
more days on the bankside in the sunshine
cheers bob

mecca

Another smoggy
thanks peter il save that one. and thanks for the support having a car and going fishing has seemd to have turned the corner for now. so i may be posting more pics soon hopefully
mark

Jamesy

I targetted the Carp there recently. I got up some tree's spotting them. I could see quite a few around the mid doubles. Then an absolute monster appeared from an overhanging tree, 30lb easy. I tried some floating bread. The big one fed for a bit on a few freebee's but unfortunatly didn't take my hookbait. I also noticed alot of really small Jack Pike, about 1/2-1lb. Might have something to do with the fact that alot of people cull the big Pike in there when they catch them.

Does anyone know if its true that all the fish out the lake in Ropner Park where put in the Bricky? And mecca, do the Carp in the Bricky ever get caught on the bottom or is it just to weedy?

simo

Ive fished the Bricky since i was a kid,30lb lol,they dont go much over 20lb,they do look big fish,v wide but i assure you,just over 20lb

mecca

Another smoggy
Originally posted by simo

Ive fished the Bricky since i was a kid,30lb lol,they dont go much over 20lb,they do look big fish,v wide but i assure you,just over 20lb

i can assure you they go well over 20lb.
the fish i caught a while back(20lb 4oz) was with 3 others all three were much bigger than the 20lb fish easily 25lb. there is one other fish in there though that i havnt seen for a long time. its a big dark grey black carp well known to regulars there as it basks in the margins. that one is definatley 30lb its huge

il be reporting again when i catch it[:p]

mecca

Another smoggy
and no the ropner park fish were not put in the bricky, dont know where they were put but it wasnt there.

shame as there was a 26lb carp netted on their last netting

Jamesy

The one i saw was definately a 30. It swam right underneath me. I was probably about 4 foot away from it.

timber

built for comfort
well done mate,and thanks once again for all your help in the past.

mangrojack

you get people fishing it with buzzers etc? cam you do nights on there and how far from durham is it? lol

regards

mangro/phil

mecca

Another smoggy
Originally posted by mangrojack

you get people fishing it with buzzers etc? cam you do nights on there and how far from durham is it? lol

regards

mangro/phil

no one ever fishes it with buzzers. ivbe only ever seen someone do that once. its quite weedy.

Its in hartburn in stockton, just on the outskirts between stockton and eaglescliffe so about 10 15 miles from durham.

most people fish for the tench its the main fish in there.

simo

Originally posted by mecca

Originally posted by simo

i can assure you they go well over 20lb.
the fish i caught a while back(20lb 4oz) was with 3 others all three were much bigger than the 20lb fish easily 25lb. there is one other fish in there though that i havnt seen for a long time. its a big dark grey black carp well known to regulars there as it basks in the margins. that one is definatley 30lb its huge

il be reporting again when i catch it[:p]
Most of the old carp are now dead,there were 2 dead on the banks within the last month,there have been rumours about people shooting them with air rifles aswel[V]

Status
Not open for further replies.