The Big One - Farnborough

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I went to one of the first Farnborough ones a year or two before covid, and thought it was pretty good. It had an even exhibitor attendance for both match/ coarse and carp, with plenty of talks with top anglers throughout the day.

I also went to Stonleigh later in the same year, and it was 90% carp and a smaller show, so if Farnborough was rubbish this year , I cannot see Stoneleigh being any better.

scuttster

Site Supporter
I have just received an email asking for feedback on the Farnborough show if you attended or reason why if you didn't go. Looking at it any one can fill it out plus enter the draw for a voucher to spend at total fishing tackle.

The survey can be found here:

Survey Login

Shadrack

Bob Roberts has announced on his Facebook page that he is doing a talk on both days of Stoneleigh. If anyones going that should at least be worth checking out.

Dslayer

dslayer
When I went last time was just before the first lockdown. We all said at the time that it was a bit dodgy in hindsight as a potential covid breeding ground. I think it's not worth the risk for me personally this year for what it is.
What risk?
More chance of catching a cold but with less effects...?? COVID completely overhyped!!!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
What risk?
More chance of catching a cold but with less effects...?? COVID completely overhyped!!!
I remember when it first appeared... people were saying we shouldn't even go fishing... attitudes have changed but parents were meant to be going Minehead this weekend with family but aunts and uncles all got it (underlying health issues too)... so aren't going!

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
What risk?
Everyone is different and will different views as to whether it is a risk for them or not. If you are or live with someone higher risk or elderly, then I can understand why you’d be cautious.