The Big One - Farnborough

D

Deleted member 23692

EDFFA326-7A09-4AAC-8D2E-4BAAE6A861A4.png

pies

Site Supporter
Well i can fully understand why they not coming these decisions would of been made months ago

Hopefully all back in 2023

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Octbox will be at Farnborough & Stoneleigh and are using the opportunity to launch their Ultimate Fishing Station offer. For the money and we are talking Octbox here this is amazing... I have no connection to Octbox other than I own one of their lightweight seatboxes. If you were an angler returning to fishing this would be the one to go for IMHO.

2202_mf_octbox_fishing_station2.jpg

mikeyF

I have a VIP Match bucket ticket for Farnborough.

I had the same for 2020, which was of course cancelled - and rightly so - and was refunded and stupidly I re-bought in October when they first confirmed the show would go ahead (with auto-refunds if cancelled).

The significant lack of match fishing companies in attendance is seriously limiting my interest and right now I'm torn between the 100 mile round trip with associated costs of diesel and snacks or blowing off the £46 I paid and the bucket I would for-go of which probably 60% is of use to me. I had really hoped that Preston/Sonubaits and Guru would be there.

At the moment I'm thinking if the weather is good I'll fish that day, and if it is pouring with rain or just generally unpleasant to be sitting on the bank I'll go to the show.

Certainly I wouldn't be pre-booking a ticket in advance in the future until I can see evidence of a strong match presence and as has been stated above given the success and investment these guys have in YouTube marketing the physical attendance may well now be a thing of the past.

mikeyF

Only interested in showing people how to catch CARP. Says it all
I'm not sure who wrote that press release but the guys at Guru are very much not only about catching carp. There has been some excellent instructional and entertainment content on YouTube recently on fishing for Perch, canal/marina silvers, bloodworm and joker fishing, Andy Bennet on roach fishing in winter on waggler and pole, and river Barbel fishing....

Rightly the author of that needs a short telling off because it will only increase the feeling that The Big One show is currently very much a Carp show with a token effort to appease match/coarse fisherman, predator anglers and those that favour salty water.

scuttster

Site Supporter
I'm not sure who wrote that press release but the guys at Guru are very much not only about catching carp. There has been some excellent instructional and entertainment content on YouTube recently on fishing for Perch, canal/marina silvers, bloodworm and joker fishing, Andy Bennet on roach fishing in winter on waggler and pole, and river Barbel fishing....

Rightly the author of that needs a short telling off because it will only increase the feeling that The Big One show is currently very much a Carp show with a token effort to appease match/coarse fisherman, predator anglers and those that favour salty water.
Looking at the release from Korda Developments other than the company name it is the same release.

Personally I think they should have tailored the releases to each company.

mrfishey

Decided not to go this year after seeing the exhibitior list. With over a 200 mile round trip, it just isn't worth the expense. Unfortunately I got my tickets 2 years ago but hung on to the last minute to decide not to go. I suppose there's always next year.

adriang

Site Supporter
Decided not to go this year after seeing the exhibitior list. With over a 200 mile round trip, it just isn't worth the expense. Unfortunately I got my tickets 2 years ago but hung on to the last minute to decide not to go. I suppose there's always next year.
I was in the same boat.

Late last week, I asked them if I could get a refund as I was unable to attend and it did get refunded. (no comms from them, just it arrived back via PayPal).

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I have a VIP Match bucket ticket for Farnborough.

I had the same for 2020, which was of course cancelled - and rightly so - and was refunded and stupidly I re-bought in October when they first confirmed the show would go ahead (with auto-refunds if cancelled).

The significant lack of match fishing companies in attendance is seriously limiting my interest and right now I'm torn between the 100 mile round trip with associated costs of diesel and snacks or blowing off the £46 I paid and the bucket I would for-go of which probably 60% is of use to me. I had really hoped that Preston/Sonubaits and Guru would be there.

At the moment I'm thinking if the weather is good I'll fish that day, and if it is pouring with rain or just generally unpleasant to be sitting on the bank I'll go to the show.

Certainly I wouldn't be pre-booking a ticket in advance in the future until I can see evidence of a strong match presence and as has been stated above given the success and investment these guys have in YouTube marketing the physical attendance may well now be a thing of the past.

Are the tickets transferable? If they are you could advertise them on here, someone might want to go.

mrfishey

I was in the same boat.

Late last week, I asked them if I could get a refund as I was unable to attend and it did get refunded. (no comms from them, just it arrived back via PayPal).
Oh, I'm sure the date had passed for refunds. I'll give it a try, thanks

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
I’m waiting to make sure all our ponds and rivers aren’t evaporated before I buy any more tackle :eek:

scuttster

Site Supporter
Anyone been today? If so how was it?
Guessing no one went today Peter. I think it was @Tinca Steve who said that they were going tomorrow so maybe we'll get a review after then. But looking at some of the Facebook comments they are saying very little for sea, predator & coarse/match anglers