The Big One - Farnborough

scuttster

Site Supporter
In the last couple of days I've been seeing more posts on insta and fb from the organisers of the show saying they are going ahead with the show this year and it's only 7 weeks until Farnborough.

The big question is will you be going? Did you keep the tickets you bought for the 2020 or 2021 show?

Looking at the exhibitor list on the website isn't looking good for the coarse & pole angler. The only big name brands listed are Daiwa and Shimano but they both have significant amounts of carp gear too so what will be their focus?
Fox is listed but Matrix aren't. Korda also are listed but no Guru listed (surely it would be a great opportunity to show off their pole!).

No Maver, Preston, MAP, Rive, Browning nor Cadence listed or will there suddenly be announcements that these brands are there or will it even more carp based than it was in 2019.

As the listing stands there isn't any manufacturers there who would traditionally be on the pole alley.

What are your thoughts?

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I have to say if its mainly carp oriented I won't be going, I was planning on a visit just to see what it was all about, if however the major course/match brands are going the be absent so will I.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
When I went last time was just before the first lockdown. We all said at the time that it was a bit dodgy in hindsight as a potential covid breeding ground. I think it's not worth the risk for me personally this year for what it is.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
When I went last time was just before the first lockdown. We all said at the time that it was a bit dodgy in hindsight as a potential covid breeding ground. I think it's not worth the risk for me personally this year for what it is.
Yeah I’m surprised they didn’t consider an open air one tbh for this year

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Was looking at Alexandra Palace mode railway show next month which says it’s on but I can’t bring myself to risk being in a packed out mode environment like that no matter how much I love the show

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I had planned to meet up with my B-I-L, who lives in England and go in 2020, but it got cancelled so I had to mess about cancelling accomodation and the chunnel Then wash, rinse and repeat for 2021. That's my patience at an end with it! Besides lööking at the exhibitors list, it doesn't seem worth travelling all that way, (from Germany) just for those exhibitors! If you do go, I hope that your visit is fruitful and you enjoy it! Stay safe!

pies

Site Supporter
Not going this year. Went every year to these shows since Tommy started it at Sandown, but 2019 was so carp orientated i was 50/50 to go but the prices are much dearer now so i decided not worth it as bound to be even more carp focused

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I went to the Farnborough one a few years ago and thought it very good. I then went to the first one at Stoneleigh and wasn’t that impressed , as it was mainly Carp oriented. I shan’t be going to either if it’s mainly Carp fishing.

scuttster

Site Supporter
The exhibitor list has been updated with some more brands attending and some brands being displayed via a retailer and not the company themselves.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
As others have statedit's all about those Carp things. I can't go anyway as I'll be in Sri Lanka.

alsur

Site Supporter
I don't live far from Farnborough but I probably won't be going this year most of stands on exhibitor list appear to be carp with very few exceptions.

I've been previous years and although it's been predominantly carp there have been enough match and general coarse stands to keep me interested but looking at this years exhibitors it doesn't look like it will be this year, and to be honest with covid I don't fancy being anywhere that busy.

Simon R

Site Supporter
550 mile round-trip for me so I think I might give it a miss
Not really in the market for any new gear anyway and the savings at these shows are usually, to be polite, modest :p

Simon

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I’ve got tickets for Stoneleigh. It will be my first time. Looking at the list of stalls, it appears to be much smaller than Farnborough. I’ll be disappointed if it’s mainly carp stalls.