The Big Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo

Wife has just turned over and is refusing to watch that rubbish

Paul_D

Did I hear right that there are 17 Brigadiers for every brigade in the Army and two Admirals for every warship in the Navy?

floatfisher

Site Supporter
Watched the first ten minutes and they seemed to all be spouting the same old bull****, so I switched off.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I didn't watch it (far more entertaining programmes on the other channels) but I have just been watching the Sky news coverage of the event and amongst the myriad of polls they mentioned was one which asked how likely are you to actually vote?

Before tonights 'debate' the figure stood at 85%
Afterwards it had dropped to only 80%[:0]

Identikit policies from all three parties leading to total apathy perhaps?

Simon

jduck1979

John D
Couldn't be arsed to watch........ waited 'til it finished, then read back through the live blog of it here.

Apparently Gormless Gordon did as bad as expected..... Cameron did fair to average, but got a good 'un in at the end......... polls saying the Libdem's Clegg idiot won it (by being "a chancer, who doesn't shirk the odd opportunistic LIE" & "acting like an wannabe NUS president", to quote some of the comments accompanying it).

Also, some Rebuttals of Labour & LibDem claims

Last edited:

dhl man

formally known as
heard a local gardener was called in after to clean up all bull ****e that came out of there mouths , they are all lying barstewards who will tax the working man till he cant afford to work anymore , wont and will not waste my time watching these debates , rather watch eastenders and emmerdale .

the manchester freecycle site has a offered post on this morning for loads of bull ****e free to collector

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by Paul_D

Did I hear right that there are 17 Brigadiers for every brigade in the Army and two Admirals for every warship in the Navy?

You heard right.

As for the ones who couldn't be arsed to watch, how do you decide how to vote?

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by lurkio
The same way I've decided since I was first able to vote in 1983 - by deciding which local candidate will best serve my interests.

Last nights 'debate' was purely well-scripted answers to pre-prepared questions - nothing but a long version of the party political broadcasts that we'll no doubt be subjected to betwen now and May 6th.

All last night proved was that Nick Clegg can lie just as well as Brown and Cameron can.

Simon

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by Simon R

Before tonights 'debate' the figure stood at 85%
Afterwards it had dropped to only 80%[:0]

And, as the turnout in 2005 was 61% and will get nowhere near 80% this time, the polls as usual reflect very little.

lurkio

A little dab'll do

Identikit policies from all three parties leading to total apathy perhaps?

Our idleness of the electorate hiding behind easy excuses.

Too many moaners who can't actually be bothered to do anything when it matters.

lurkio

A little dab'll do

Originally posted by lurkio
The same way I've decided since I was first able to vote in 1983 - by deciding which local candidate will best serve my interests.

Good man.

An outbreak of common sense. [;)]

zhorian

some polls seem to indicate that the libdems have overtaken new!labour! in the popularity stakes - now that I would like to see come the election - new!labour! relegated to third with the libdems the official opposition ...... be interestin to see if things hold 'til the election - but we've had 'charismatic' liberal leaders in the past and the party has still done nowt in the election .....

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
I think Nick Clegg came over as the best of the three [^]
but could'nt help but notice how Smarmy Brown kept cosying up every chance he got. [:eek:)] [V]

Harry.

andyfp

Account Locked
Its predicted a hung Parliament. hanged.gif

Will the MPs charged with thieving the expenses face the same thing, LMAO

hanged.gif

Last edited:

MarkerNW

clegg came accross really well, not surprised he's doing well in the polls, labour in 3rd where they belong[:T]
clegg would make a good leader of the opposition with cameron as pm[:T][:D]

jduck1979

John D
Originally posted by MarkerNW

clegg came accross really well, not surprised he's doing well in the polls

Seems he conveniently forgot to mention the Expenses of himself & others in his party, while having a stab at Cameron & Gormless over expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.