The Best Carp Rig??

HALTON DANGLER

Is the humble method feeder the best rig for converting feeding fishing into bites, is it only not popularized in normal big carp fishing as its simplicity means less components to sell with some rigs not having up to 15 components to make them ?? Does i caught this 20 lb carp on a method feeder not sound as good as i caught it in a HD super ronnie 4 turn claw hook with as kicker not sound as good??

they certainly are deadly in what they do so why the lack of popularity?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Is the humble method feeder the best rig for converting feeding fishing into bites, is it only not popularized in normal big carp fishing as its simplicity means less components to sell with some rigs not having up to 15 components to make them ?? Does i caught this 20 lb carp on a method feeder not sound as good as i caught it in a HD super ronnie 4 turn claw hook with as kicker not sound as good??

they certainly are deadly in what they do so why the lack of popularity?

Very nice ,enjoyed that ,thank you 😊

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I'll use whatever method'll get me a bite... I think a lot of carpers get stuck in the 3 rod rut... 1 margin, 1 open water and 1 long with 50 baits over each... its too formulaic... tis one of the reasons I like fishing old school methods... gets me out of that rut and doing summat different... even down to foregoing boilies as bait and using prawns meat beans peas and the like... I think the boilie/hair rig combo has wised some fish up, so doing summat different often pays off...