The Best and The Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
We were discussing this the other night in the pub so I thought I'd see what everyone elses opinion was

Whats the best and worst item of fishing tackle you've ever bought/used?

Personally the worst thing for me were the infamous 'Newark Needle' floats invented by mad Walter Bowers at North Muskham.(I got the full set of floats and pin-weights bought for me by well-meaning grandparents)

The best is probably either my trusty ABU 507 or my Drennan 12' IM8 Super Feeder.

Any advance on these?

Tight Lines

Simon

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi,
my worst bit of tackle has to be an Effgeeco trolley back in the early 80's.The handle was too short so I had to walk with a permanent stoop (imagine Quasimodo on steroids).
My best bit of kit has to be the Mitchell match reel or the Mitchell 300 reel, both old but both brilliant.
Cheers

TINY

Tiny
My worst bit of tack was a Shakespear 2002 reel which met a watery grave about 24years ago[:D]
My best bit of kit would be my matching float rods which are Daiwa x msg.Bloody expensive but I wouldnt change them[:D][:D]

Andy.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
quote:personally the worst thing for me were the infamous 'Newark Needle' floats
I loved my newark needle floats. The boilie stops I was and in fact still am using need a needle. The bottom of these floats were a perfect fit. I cut off the vanes and hey presto a perfect baiting needle. I still use it to this day.

chill out go fishing

carper2002

'Ronnie'
My worst bye was euro-star carp rods the first reasonable fish the ring lining's cracked and frayed my fishing line i was fuming

My best bye is my rod hutch's imx carp rods awesome you learn by your mistakes

MORALE IS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR BYE CHEEP YOU GET TAT

RONNIE (carper2002)

Ian C

Best bit of kit for me has to be my Shimano big pit long cast reels. Not to everyones liking, but I love em.

Worst bit of kit has to be the fishing suit the wife bought for me in October 2002. It has holes in it where the legs rub together already!

I reckon I'll end up with a Mainstream suit like I had before (sold it when I stopped fishing), as I've crashed through brambles before and it didn't even mark it.

Ian C

crusty

Best bit of kit I ever had was a DAM quickstick carp rod 1 1/4lb test curve. It was absolutly perfect for floating a crust, and easily coped with twenty pound fish.
It was slim and light, easy to hold all day, I loved that rod like one of my kids. Then last summer, after a short evening trip, I returned home minus the top six inches.
As a result my confidence took a battering, and i struggled to catch for quite a while.
(if anyone knows where I could get another I would be more than interested.)
The worst bit of kit has to be the giant rucksack my wife bought me for my birthday a few years ago, excellant for getting all my stuff in, but since doing my back I can't pick the damn thing up!

crusty

wilsmaboy

Best bit of kit I've got is a pair of neoprene gloves - had them about 8 years and they've been a god send in the winter.

Worst bit of kit has got to be a 'revolutionary' rod rest called a 'Uni-Rest'- plastic screw thread sheared off in my rod rest first time used.

Steve Wilson

joe1987

'Darwener'
best has to be my diawa harrier Z feeder rod, got it half price at 50 and my best peice of kit.
At the moment my worst are the two poles i bought, 1 with a crack in the bottom section, replaced with 1 that snapped at a 2lb carp because of a manufacturing fault! Just my luck

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

Last edited:

The Witness

Best bit of kit I ever bought was my Mitchell 301.Thirty seven years on still going strong.
Worst bit of kit is the car I use to go fishing.Prop shaft has just gone and it's going to cost a fortune to repair.
Whatever anyone tells you Land Rovers are not reliable.
Richard.

Status
Not open for further replies.