The bank awaits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyprinid_boy

Well then, Ive undertaken a 230 mile round trip to collect my fishing tackle. Dusted it off, blew away the cobwebs and sighed when noticing the mice holes new nets, reel bags etc will be needed. All the line is rotten and the hooks are rusty!! A trip to the post office to buy a licence - 21!!!! What has happened? Down the bait shop for some wriggles and off fishing I will go tomorrow morning. Now I havent donned the bank for two years although I do spend everyday of my life with fish. What encouraged me to take these savage steps to rekindle my fishing career? Zippys passion and enthusiasm for all things angling did it. Hopefully Ill be up and running in time for the Drayton fish in (if im not working) as its only 7 miles from me. Thanks Trev.

Cyp.

MALC

Matt nice to hear the urge is back with you and there are plenty of places to visit and catch a few around here good luck.

As you say Trev is a great ambassador for angling the enjoyment he gets from his trips is second to none and he's a very nice guy as well.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev has that effect on people mate

Alan
You've just been moderated

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good on you Matt,
Enjoy yourself mate,dont forget to let us know how it goes.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

G

Banks i thought you were talking money [LoL]
See you at Drayton, up and running or not come and meet the lads and have a chat, oh yes and help Malc and his mrs out, cya mate

Andy

i'm going fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Mat,
I am so very , very Pleased to read that post, I can't truly describe it!
I didn't set out for that goal. just to share a passion!
But, if you do get any sort of enjoyment from your return (and please don't hate me for the expense lol)
then in some small way I have reached another human being and added to his /her existence.
That makes me proud and humble.
I have received so much help from genuine guys, that I feel now from that 1 single post, a small part of the debt repaid.
Sincere thanks Mat,
Hope to meet you at Drayton.

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Alnath

quote:
A trip to the post office to buy a licence - 21!!!!

You slipped up there mate, you could have stayed online in the MD forums and bought it from HERE
John
Its not what you have got, it's how you use it

Cyprinid_boy

Well here goes. An early start, 6:00, led me a massive 2.5 miles away to a low profile section of the Oxford Canal zander territory. I had a little advantage as two weeks previous we stormed through here on a 16ft electrofishing boom boat so choosing a spot was made easier. Armed with some squat and caster, a few maggots and a little crumb i decided the 11-metre line looked tops and the depth was quite adequate. A few reeds on the far bank gave enough cover against those charging barge boys!! The pole pot was donned and the swim was baited and the rain began. A slow start saw just one small silver on maggot, however, the switch to caster paid dividends. The peg was fizzing with bream and the rain had stopped things were looking up. Unfortunately the wind picked up to such an extent it was impossible to hold the pole Mother Nature has some explaining to do. So just under three hours yielded about 7lbs including one skimmer, two large hybrids, a couple of stripeys and twelve or so good roach to 14oz. No small fish which is slightly concerning, but bait presentation was hard and I am very rusty. If the wind had held off I fancy double figures from that peg most enjoyable, Ill be back. I might even be ready to re-join the circuit and relieve Malc of some of his cash!! Recognise the peg Malc?
Should be toned and ready for Drayton.

Mat

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Nice one Mat,
Welcome back!
Good report, good fish and good pics!
Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing it.

Looking forward to a lot like this!

See ya

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

norm

good one cyprinid boy

and a nice thing to say about trev
i thinkl you made him very happy

good bag for being rusty mate

hope you can make drayton as am am dying to meet every one

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

G

Wecome back to our sport Cyprinid_boy,
Trev thank you for getting another angler up and running,keep it up Trev
Cyprinid go get em mate, and try your best to get to Drayton

Andy

i'm going fishing

MALC

Well done Matt,
Nice bag after a few years break you've still got it.
As you say though it's only bonus fish round here which is why the matches don't get the turnout's anymore as most want the bit's all day and don't sit it out for the stamp fish.

Looks like the reed bed at the wides in Hillmorton just up the kent and as you say it don't get fished much these day's.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.