Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All, remember this:

The Twelve Days of Christmas

- On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me A partridge in a pear tree.
- On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Five golden rings. Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings. Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, Five golden rings. Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Eight maids a-milking, seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, Five golden rings. Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Nine ladies dancing, eight maids a-milking, seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, Five golden rings. Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Ten lords a-leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a-milking, seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, Five golden rings. Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Eleven pipers piping, ten lords a-leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a-milking, seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, Five golden rings. Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.
- On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Twelve drummers drumming, eleven pipers piping, ten lords a-leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a-milking, seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, Five golden rings. Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves And a partridge in a pear tree.

Let's re-write it, the Angler's Version

Dave

JohnG

If I have the jist of this here goes for line one -

- On the first day of Christmas, my true love came with me and put my best rig in a willow tree.

Any takers for line 2?

John

Terri

Omg I'm gonna regret this

- On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 3kg of fruity boilies and put my best rig in a willow tree.

Terri

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hang on a mo', hows about:

- On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me a two piece suit and put my best rig in a willow tree.

and then Terri's:

- On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit and put my best rig in a willow tree.

Now for the fourth day
Dave

Tim

- On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit and put my best rig in a willow tree.

Tim

Neheh..xt

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
On the 5th day of Xmas mt true love gave to me 5 Golden tench,a 4 drawer box,3 kg of fruity boilies,a 2-piece suit, aaaaaaannnnnnnddddddd put my best rig in a willow treeeeeeeeeeee!
It doesnt get better!

cheese_paste

On the 6th day of Xmas my true love gave to me 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench,a 4 drawer box,3 kg of fruity boilies,a 2-piece suit, aaaaaaannnnnnnddddddd put my best rig in a willow treeeeeeeeeeee!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
On the seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me 7 bags of groundbait.
6 ft spinning rod,
5 golden tench,
a 4 drawer box,
3 kilo's of fruity boilies,
a 2 piece suit.
and my best rig in a willow treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sleigh_e0.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

ray

hiya all, new to this site so i thought i would take this opportunity to wish you and your family's a merry xmas and a rod bending new year....here goes..

on the eighth day of christmas my true love gave to me ............. 8 tins of luncheon meat
7 bags of groundbait
6ft spinning rod
fiiiiiiiive goolden tench
4 draw box
3 kilos of fruity boilies
2 piece suit
and my best rig in a willow treeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

the size of my pole doesnt matter.....it gives me lots of pleasure...

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome Ray,
Nice to see a
diving in,
Come on you lot,we only need 4 more verses !
Peter.
rbxmas_e0.gif

cheese_paste

on the ninth day of christmas my true love gave to me .............

9 acre estate lake

8 tins of luncheon meat
7 bags of groundbait
6ft spinning rod
4 draw box
2 piece suit

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The song so far

The Angler's Twelve Days of Christmas

- - On the first day of Christmas, my true love came with me aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 3kg of fruity boilies , a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 8 tins of luncheon meat, 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suitaaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a 9 acre estate lake, 8 tins of luncheon meat, 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow treeeeeeee.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
10 pounds of hemp
9 acre estate lake
8 tins of luncheon meat
7 bags of groundbait
6ft spinning rod
4 draw box
2 piece suit

And Ray S, you certainly are getting about, how do you find time to go to work?? see ya soon.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Tony

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me - an 11 metre pole
10 pounds of hemp
9 acre estate lake
8 tins of luncheon meat
7 bags of groundbait
6ft spinning rod
4 draw box
2 piece suit
and my best rig in a willow treeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

final line to go hmmmm just thinking

Tony

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
On the twelth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
12 MONTHS to decorate the house,
an 11 metre pole
10 pounds of hemp
9 acre estate lake
8 tins of luncheon meat
7 bags of groundbait
6ft spinning rod
4 draw box
2 piece suit

Peter.
larwreath_e0.gif

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:On the twelth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
12 MONTHS to decorate the house,
Peter.
larwreath_e0.gif

What with work and fishing I would need 12 years to decorate a house.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Tim

The last time I had to decorate, the ex-gfriend threatened to leave me unless I did the flat up - so I went fishing lol

She left, I moved, one less pressy to buy

Have a good christmas, Tim

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You sing it, I'll humm.....The finished song

The Angler's Twelve Days of Christmas

- On the first day of Christmas, my true love came with me aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 3kg of fruity boilies , a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 8 tins of luncheon meat, 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suitaaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow tree.
- On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a 9 acre estate lake, 8 tins of luncheon meat, 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow treeeeeeee.
- On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 10 pounds of hemp, a 9 acre estate lake, 8 tins of luncheon meat, 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow treeeeeeee.
- On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me an 11 metre pole, 10 pounds of hemp, a 9 acre estate lake, 8 tins of luncheon meat, 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow treeeeeeee.
- On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me another 12 MONTHS to decorate the house, an 11 metre pole, 10 pounds of hemp, a 9 acre estate lake, 8 tins of luncheon meat, 7 bags of groundbait, a 6 ft spinning rod, 5 Golden tench, a Four Drawer Box, 3kg of fruity boilies, a two piece suit aaaannnnd put my best rig in a willow treeeeeeee.

Which just goes to show, you don't have to be mad to join in here but it sure helps

Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was going to start to sing but you didn't tell me what key. I've cleared the block of flats in readiness.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm not sure if it was a Yale, or it may be a Chub key Geoff.

Try either and see how it goes

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.