The Adventures of Mrs Munch 2021 - Part 4

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter
Not fishing........shooting :2guns::blast:

So the day started of like this.....

View attachment VID-20201205-WA0000.mp4 @MunchMyStump was having a bad hair day and he screamed until I let him have pizza for breakfast. :rolleyes: He eventually felt pretty enough to leave the house so off we went.

Arriving a little early we had a look over Otley and hoped the storm clouds would miss us.

IMG_20210516_113141712_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20210516_113150288_HDR~2.jpg

We walked over to Yorkgate gun club and the weather was still holding off. I was rather nervous as I'd never even touched a gun before let alone fire one. The Mr had dabbled but many years ago, round about the time of the Saber-toothed tigers where walking the land so he was a little rusty.

We met our trainer who was a really lovely guy and immediately made us feel at ease. He took us to a slightly quieter section, obviously worried about the Mr's shooting....

I made the Mr go first and I do have to say although he missed his first shot he was rather good. I had my work cut out to beat him.

View attachment VID_20210516_115737578.mp4

View attachment VID_20210516_120307472.mp4

Then it was my turn..... S***
But...... this happened....

View attachment VID-20210516-WA0009.mp4

I only went and hit my first shot and therefore I automatically won as the Mr missed his first one. None of the other shots counted after that :D.

I actually hit about 50% of the clays, i'd say that's pretty good.

View attachment VID-20210516-WA0008.mp4

View attachment VID-20210516-WA0004.mp4

It was a fantastic day and loved every second. The trainer was brilliant and can't thank him enough. The only problem was it ended too soon.

We had a quick bite to eat at the pub next door and a little walk round golden acre park

IMG_20210516_142904001_HDR.jpg IMG_20210516_143529968_HDR.jpg

before somehow finishing of the day like this :eek:

IMG_20210516_122244362~2.jpg IMG_20210516_122238460~2.jpg

Errrr! I could do with an alibi.... anyone...... please.......... 😟😨

:beautiful:💕

Attachments

• VID_20210516_120307472.mp4
    17.7 MB · Views: 2

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Good fun, isn't it.? I was seriously into it in the 1980s, shooting DTL at county level and had a trial for the England team. It can get addictive and very expensive, I was shooting 100s of cartridges a week. If you were hitting 50% on you first try, then you obviously have a good eye.. Keep it up. (y)

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter
If you were hitting 50% on you first try, then you obviously have a good eye.. Keep it up. (y)
To be fair the trainer was very good. Wouldn't have hit anything if it wasn't for him.
And yes i can see it becoming very addictive... *Gets bank loan* (or rather the Mr gets one 😜) lolz

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
It was indeed a great day out and really good fun! It's amazing how quickly you can get through the clays!
I have to say the Yorkgate gun club are a very well run and managed club. Having filled out the disclaimer paperwork with @Mrs Munch looking at me with death in her eyes, we headed out to the beginners trap. Me first, I guess the Mrs had a little moment of compassion and allowed me to at least have a little fun before being dispatched...
Our trainer went through all the relative stuff and he was really enjoying himself, having a laugh and giving encouragement and guidance. I have always shot with both eyes open, for rifle anyway, but following instruction for the 1st shot I closed my left eye....and missed!
Both eyes open it is then.
We both did well, I was and am really impressed with the Mrs as she has never held a gun let alone fire one, you can see how happy she was but no darling first shot on clay does not win everything.
We shall be returning such was the enjoyment.
After our rounds were dispensed we were taken to other sections of the course, a course that they are always changing. Some clays from overhead, some from shelter, rabbit etc. They always change things to keep the challenge up. That's a very good thing in my book.
A great morning on the guns followed by a quick outdoor pub lunch...
And now once the dust has settled all I am getting is this....

View attachment VID-20210514-WA0000.mp4

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter
It was indeed a great day out and really good fun! It's amazing how quickly you can get through the clays!
I have to say the Yorkgate gun club are a very well run and managed club. Having filled out the disclaimer paperwork with @Mrs Munch looking at me with death in her eyes, we headed out to the beginners trap. Me first, I guess the Mrs had a little moment of compassion and allowed me to at least have a little fun before being dispatched...
Our trainer went through all the relative stuff and he was really enjoying himself, having a laugh and giving encouragement and guidance. I have always shot with both eyes open, for rifle anyway, but following instruction for the 1st shot I closed my left eye....and missed!
Both eyes open it is then.
We both did well, I was and am really impressed with the Mrs as she has never held a gun let alone fire one, you can see how happy she was but no darling first shot on clay does not win everything.
We shall be returning such was the enjoyment.
After our rounds were dispensed we were taken to other sections of the course, a course that they are always changing. Some clays from overhead, some from shelter, rabbit etc. They always change things to keep the challenge up. That's a very good thing in my book.
A great morning on the guns followed by a quick outdoor pub lunch...
And now once the dust has settled all I am getting is this....

View attachment VID-20210514-WA0000.mp4
I was looking for that clip of me to add but couldn't find it. It's my fav clip of me. 🤪😁 x

Browner

Site Supporter
Good fun, isn't it.? I was seriously into it in the 1980s, shooting DTL at county level and had a trial for the England team. It can get addictive and very expensive, I was shooting 100s of cartridges a week. If you were hitting 50% on you first try, then you obviously have a good eye.. Keep it up. (y)
I used to love my shooting. I shot sporting and got to A class. Had a great arsenal of guns. 1 x .410 single barrel, 1 x 20 bore single barrel, 1 x Berretta 12 bore limited addition over/under, 1 x Berretta 3 shot semi 12 bore, 1 x 20 bore over/under.
Hard times meant it all had to go unfortunately.
Sometimes I think about starting again but haven’t really got the time.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
It was great fun, I can really see how addictive it can be. We both agree we will go back again and have another session. Once again a sport where there is a level playing field and no matter what sex you happen to "distinguish" yourself as, you stand as much chance as the next man...err woman....err trans MGBGT thingie.
Go do it! It's fun!! (y)

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I used to love my shooting. I shot sporting and got to A class. Had a great arsenal of guns. 1 x .410 single barrel, 1 x 20 bore single barrel, 1 x Berretta 12 bore limited addition over/under, 1 x Berretta 3 shot semi 12 bore, 1 x 20 bore over/under.
Hard times meant it all had to go unfortunately.
Sometimes I think about starting again but haven’t really got the time.
I used to enjoy sporting and skeet more than the trap disciplines, but I was better at DTL, so that's what I competed at.
I had a Kromson K2 trap gun, a Beretta 686 and Winchester 501 for sporting And a Miroku S800 skeet gun.
For live game I had an AYA Yeoman side by side for rough shooting and a Thomas Bland sidelock for more formal shoots. The only one I still have is the Bland, I love the gun and couldn't bear to get rid of it. My daughter is a fair shot, so it will go to her.
I had to stop shooting due to spinal damage. I was gutted. :cry: