The adventures of Mr and Mrs Munch - part 4 - The TRUE! Version!!

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
It was not our most glorious of days I have to admit. However this was not, contrary to popular belief all my own doing.
My job was to pack the car whilst Mrs. Munch made the sarnies and coffee. All the fishing gear is in the shed, all neatly placed and where it should be. A simple task that doesn't take too long to do. With that done I was going through a plan of action for the sparks and plasterer to make 100% sure that they would do as they are instructed and not wander off course and do some random stuff that does not need doing yet.
Now, Mrs. Munch has a special chair. She is special in a special kind of way and it was her that brought the chair inside the house after our last outing and not I, she even walked past it several times before we left!
I digress, we.. dropped a bollock. About a mile from home I realised my wallet was in my work trousers...Dammit! Turned around and went back home for it and whilst at home walked past the "Special chair"... twice! ?
Stopping off at the property being renovated en route was quite straightforward, no sign of the sparks but the plasterer was there on time. I left him instruction for both himself and the sparks should they decide to arrive today and with that done we headed off to Tom's Pond.

Upon arriving at said venue it became quite apparent that WE had left the "special chair" at home... Much muttering could be heard or was that Munch muttering? but I was not speaking....
So a plan was formed, sit on the step with my float box and a very padded boat seat I carry. Sorted! Popped a bank stick in for Mrs and got the gear unpacked.
In all fairness to her she managed to tackle up all on her own and this time even remembered to open the bail arm first before lining the rod... I handed her a pack of hooks, shot dispenser, hooklength line, float and float stops. All placed neatly in her new little box I had bought her with her new unhooky stick thingy and a pair of forceps and rod rest.
See how thoughtful I am? She made her own hooklength using the knotless knot method whilst I was making mine and did a fine job of it.
I was set up and away and had 2 fish in no time, Mrs was still trying to plumb up the whole pond, casting everywhere but out in front :rolleyes:.
I had sprinkled some hemp and maggot into my swim and was happily catching away when she finally threaded some maggots on and started fishing herself. 1st random cast and she was in! Thank Christ for that I mused. But hold on she's just hauling it in, rod in the air and cranking the reel, that's when the hook pulled and a few expletives were muttered once again.
Darling, I tentatively said, only use the reel to gain line when you lower the rod toward the water. "I bloody did" was the sharp response. Ok, well just carry on sweety...
2nd fish was hooked and once again she was cranking, before this one came off too I interjected with a quick see your doing it now! Play the fish. Well you didn't make it very clear what you meant she quipped...
At this point her line was getting tangled all around the reel due to slack line she was retrieving after the cast. I said nothing, she likes sorting tangles out and once she had the reel end done she noticed the business end was now wrapped all around the rod tip :mad:

I was ok, I was catching like a champ (y) Hitting the same spot on every cast and was quite content with myself. Then I broke the 1st float... We use Visi Wags and all I wanted to do was change the body to a longer one as they are interchangeable but all it did when i tried to remove it is crack the body the full length, oh cock!
Some sniggering could be heard but I ignored it and just used the snap link to put another Visi Wag on, that I should have done in the first instance!!

Some say Karma is a bitch... Not long after the sniggering stopped the muttering and expletives started, line wrapped all around her reel like an explosion in a spaghetti factory!! But darling you like undoing tangles, the response was a cold hard stare and a "Ill bloody tangle you upside the head in a minute!" OOPS...

After a few minutes I sidled over, the line was really badly coiled so I just said cut the line above your float and we will pull all this mess through, cut it off and just tie them back together, it saves you completely redoing everything. She Agreed!!
I just decided to watch her for a while and it was very evident that the problem lay in the huge ark of loose line that she was swooshing out and retrieving without any tension. She was getting peeved now and just put the rod down for a break and came to stand beside me. Look at what I am doing darling and instead of performing an under arm cast started on an overhead cast, you need to feather the ..... and she was off, walking away!! I looked back round to see my terminals entangled in reeds on the opposite bank ?

Gingerly lifting I saw the float come free then the main line and the hooklink too, success I thought... Nope the hook had caught a stump :( I gave a couple of sharp pulls and the hooklink broke but the float shot off in a different direction to the mainline???
What the??
The body of the waggler had decided to part company with the rest of it, I could see it on the surface, then it cocked and slowly sunk to the bottom of the pond.

That was it, I had had enough and rather than bother anymore I just tackled down much to the bemusement of Mrs. Munch. I'm done love I said, it's been a bit of a ?? day so I think we should leave before things get even worse. Mrs. Agreed and we called it a day. I needed to replace the lost floats so we headed to Bobco not only for the floats but also to look at a proper char for Mrs Munch, one that both of us couldn't miss!!

Munchy

Total

Site Supporter
@MunchMyStump ......After reading both accounts of your day at 'Tom's Pond'.....Taking up golf don't seem a bad idea! :oops:

The casting for Mrs Munch will get there and like all things in angling will take time, but worth the effort...Good luck to the pair of you and look forward to reading both your future accounts of your days out....Enjoy....;)(y)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Obviously Mr Munch can't be held responsible for Mrs Munch deciding that her chair was so "Special" and thus removing it from its allotted storage space.

No case to answer. Not Guilty. :upthumb:

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Obviously Mr Munch can't be held responsible for Mrs Munch deciding that her chair was so "Special" and thus removing it from its allotted storage space.

Ahh.... but he can be held responsible.
1 ) he tried the old "I forgot my wallet" trick, then had to go back for it.

2) on retrieving said wallet ( more than likely muttering about Mrs M having no money on her) he walks past her "Special" chair not once but Twice.!!!

3 ) doing this he deliberately put Mrs M at a disadvantage by having to sit on a wooden box.

By way of guilty conscience, he untangled her line, but that is not mitigation for leaving and ignoring the "Special" chair.

Guilty as sin .....
Case closed ...

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter

WRONG!!! Lolz

The chair has never had a place in the shed. It is usually sat outside in the garden for the Mr to sit on while having a cig. It then got moved into the house by the Mr so it would be dry for me to go fishing with. Nice gesture I admit but it was the Mr that gave it a home in the house.
Not only that, as we've had a bit of rain lately he's been using the other door (the one we never use) to have his cig as the wind was blowing on the usual one and the poor soul was getting wet.
Now upon using the other door he moved the clothes horse in front of said "special" chair thus hiding it from view.
So you see the blame still sits with the Mr!!!!
?

Total

Site Supporter
No no no! The soul job of the Mr when going on a fishing trip is to pack the car!!!
His job, his responsibility.

END OF!!! ??

Lolz ?

@Peter ......'The force' is very strong in Mrs M! :oops:;)..........We may have to have a special meeting to sort this matter out.....:p:ROFLMAO:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wow, You're a feisty one :beautiful: Having reviewed the argument extensively and taking everything into due consideration, including the very real possibility that I may well run into Mrs Munch at a fishery at some point the final verdict has to be..................

Mr Munch..........................you're doomed fella...........Guilty as sin. ??

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter
Wow, You're a feisty one :beautiful: Having reviewed the argument extensively and taking everything into due consideration, including the very real possibility that I may well run into Mrs Munch at a fishery at some point the final verdict has to be..................

Mr Munch..........................you're doomed fella...........Guilty as sin. ??
Good man ?

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
I'm knackered! Bloody turncoats everywhere!!
I mean lets be honest with ourselves chaps, when have you EVER know a woman to admit she is wrong??
Also I have no idea why they are referred to the "fairer" sex, they have no idea how to play fair at all...