THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

pourerkev

Can i thank every single person who attened yesterday on the big bash event at Lindholme , you are all amazing and your support is just fantastic

Yorkshire bait for sponsoring the event and Niel and Bev at Lindholme for letting us use their fantastic complex , this event belongs at this venue

there are a few things that stood out for me yesterday and il try and go through them for you ,

first of all Mr Alan Scotthorne 5 x world champion
when Alan was handed his section win money (50) he duley announced that it was to be put back into the charity pot to boost funds , a fantastic gesture , then when he was asked to come up and receive his second placed money of (75) he came and made a speech , which simply brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat ,

he stood up next to me with his arm around my shoulder and simply dumped so much praise on the bash events for what we do , and told the story of his own mother who had survived this horrible disease of breast cancer and is doing very well now at the ripe old age of 75 ,
Alan has also recently given up a full day in his busy life to take two bash members for a days tuition on the Lindholme complex ( see the blogs section) his support to the bash is just amazing and to have the backing of him is something very special to me and mandy , and you all should be very proud to be a part of this , thank you .

second ,

Everyone who turned up yesterday had a big smile on there faces even when they had drawn a bad peg , they just got on with it and took the day with the spirit it was meant , the atmosphere was probably one of the best we have had ,

third ,
the raffle , we did struggle this year to get the raffle to the normal standard , with the economic climate the way it is companies who normally donated loads of stuff just are not there any more , (gone bust) those who did support us with prizes cut the amount by proberly half , but we still managed around 3k worth for you all
I must publicly thank Steve Guy (STEVE ON THE FORUM) for all his help this year on that front , he dug out his contact list and went round with his big bash begging bowl , thanks mate .

lastly for now , is a bit of a gripe

The no shows , there was 50 no shows this year which cost the charity 500 , if you have a heart and a conscious then please click the pay pal link and donate either your deposit of 10 or a couple of quid http://bigbash.fishing-buddys.com/Paypal.php we are not asking for the earth , if you book a place you should turn up , or at least have the decency to cancel in good time .

Thank you to the following

Chris & Sarah for traveling down from Scotland to take all the pictures for the event ,
Martin Butler , Nige broadley, Pete Wattam for selling the raffle tickets and all their help on the raffle afterwards
Lorna Johnson for all her hard work on the posters and fliers
Julie Cramm for help mandy on the draw
steve Akal and Stephenson's investigations for sponsoring the big bash trophy
and every single one of you for making this the biggest and best charity event on the angling calendar

Once again a massive massive thank you for your amazing support of these events , i can not do it without you , you should all be very proud indeed

The total amount raised on this match alone was 4,504-46
This brings this years total to a fantasic 6,519-96

And the total now raised on the big bash events to a staggering 39,887.46
kev

midge99

Once again a talkyou Kev and your team, because without your hard work in the lead-up to the event. As always it is a great day is had by all, hopefully see you all there again next year

jay p

hi kev
thanks for a great day and hope to be there next year
where can i see all the photos will they be posted on mds

cheers jay p

pourerkev

chris who took the photos will be traveling back to scotland fri, so the pics will be availble to view via his website , if it ok with dave il post a link when they are all up loaded , they will also be avaiable to purchase for a very small donation.

next event is a teams of three at grange park in scunny july 10th then the mystery pais match at lindholme oct 23rd full details very soon www.thebigbash.co.uk

pourerkev

you could have something like this

MagazineStylePhotoDemo.jpg

it would be emailed to you and then you print them off or save to disc get it done in high quality at the likes of asda or tesco to what ever size you wish ?

Last edited:

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Hi Kev, thank you all for a great day out, fantastic venue and loads of laughs. Huge amount raised for a worthwhile cause, bit of a gent that Scotthorne fella!! Looking forwards to next year.
A big Boo! to the "no-shows".

pourerkev

next event the mystery pairs match 0ct 23rd , full details to follow very soon

its time for a bit of fishing

full list of big bash piccy can be found here http://bigbash.fishing-buddys.com/topic=2254.msg14182#new
they can be purchesed via me and sent electroniclay for a small donation

There are 500 photo's there in 5 different folders in the left hand column, if you see one of yourself (tried to get as many as possible) you can buy it for 3, just pay me via paypal and you will be e mailed the hi-resolution version of the photo. for 5 you can have 2 photos of your choice and for 10 you can have 5 photo's. ( each pic has its own ID number so just tell Kev the 4 digit number that is under the photo(s) you want to buy. i.e. img 3456) - Don't forget these are very low res pics, the one you buy will be much more vibrant and detailed.
If we can sell just 20% of the pics we could make another 300 for the charity

we have had a few orders in now , thanks so much guys , keep them coming ,

these are top quality professionally taken photos, something you can have printed off and framed

unfortunately due to cost , photo paper , ink , postage and packing etc etc , logistics and also Chris the photographer has a day job to do, it is just not possible for him to print these off for you and send them , they have to be sent electronically ,

firms such as "Snapfish" will print what ever size you want and a very reasonable cost , a very easy site to use also, just follow the on screen instructions and they do all the rest for you , for as little as 5p per print !!!

in fact ive uploaded some this morning 10 6x4 photos plus 1, 12x8 with postage and packing it cost me 2.99

so if you want to purchase any of the photos just contact me

kev

Status
Not open for further replies.