TH Solidco hybrid elastic

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Just a quick review of this product.I have always been an advocate of Hydro for many years, but I’d become very dissatisfied with its performance, and durability, price wasn’t an issue as I don’t mind paying for a good product.. After speaking to my mate Tom Hardy at Tunnel, and him singing the praises of this new elastic, I decided to try it, last year I used the 6-8, and the 8-10, and the results were amazing, it cut my fish losses, down to a minimum 👍I was that impressed that I spoke with Tom, and after some advice from Jon Arthur, on grades for various situations (although Jon uses slik),I decided to fit most of my kits out with it...on my last trip out , I used the 14-16 blue, through a long kit, using 0.19 m/l, 0.15 h/l, 18 Guru Kaizen hook...Now this may sound overgunned for March, but I hooked 25 carp(between 3-6lb) and lost 1, which I’m sure was foulhooked ..The elastic performed amazing, stretched to start when I hooked the fish, and powered up beautifully, and the fish were netted really quickly, and I hardly used the puller, purely relying on the elastic retracting..... Price wise it’s brilliant in the fact you can buy it in 2,2.5,3m lengths, so reduce waste and costs £4,5,6 respectively...If your not sure about elastics, or just started polefishing, and lost in the elastic minefield, give it a go 👍👍👍 311EE769-578D-4632-8722-A82690BBDDC1.jpeg

tedstriker

Site Supporter
what are the diameters on the elastics as it doesn't show any on the ebay page, purely to see what the rating/diameter is compared to other hybrid elastics

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
what are the diameters on the elastics as it doesn't show any on the ebay page, purely to see what the rating/diameter is compared to other hybrid elastics
. I don’t know the diameters , Tom told me they’re the same as slik,so I brought the equivalent sizes, but its not something I really think about too much

Rick123

Site Supporter
Chefster. I'm not taking you to task as e all like to be in the know and what's best for the buck. But are you saying this is LIKE Slik or it is Slik buddy? As i use Slik I'd be interested in buying it cheaper?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Chefster. I'm not taking you to task as e all like to be in the know and what's best for the buck. But are you saying this is LIKE Slik or it is Slik buddy? As i use Slik I'd be interested in buying it cheaper?
I’m not saying it’s slik !!,I said Tom Hardy said it’s similar to slik !!! Colours for grades are different, but he said diameter is same .I’ve never used slik so I can’t compare and wasn’t trying to compare I was putting a review on of this product 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️And my only reference to slik was the fact that Jon Arthur uses it

Last edited:

Rick123

Site Supporter
I’m not saying it’s slik !!,I said Tom Hardy said it’s similar to slik !!! Colours for grades are different, but he said diameter is same .I’ve never used slik so I can’t compare and wasn’t trying to compare I was putting a review on of this product 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️And my only reference to slik was the fact that Jon Arthur uses it , if you want a review on slik then find someone that has used it
I think he is a rep now for Matrix buddy, so he would be obliged to use their products. And as I mentioned in my post I USE SLIK so a review is not required. Cheers.

Nicky Dodds

On the NG ultracore thread you stated that you weren't happy with the slik and you preferred hydro.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I think he is a rep now for Matrix buddy, so he would be obliged to use their products. And as I mentioned in my post I USE SLIK so a review is not required. Cheers.
What are you going on about I put a review on about TH elastic, what has Jon Arthur being a matrix rep got to do with it ????🤡🤡

matt

Site Supporter
If it works for you then it’s job done! :upthumb:

Each to their own....am just about to try experimenting with the Dawa Hybrid Lastic when I can get out fishing again.... it might suit me but then again it might not, so it will then be back to the drawing board! :ROFLMAO: