Ended Tfg iron amd velvet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben carvosso

Just wondering if anyone had one of these old rods lying about the place .

Thanks

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My dad has a Matt Hayes rod somewhere in his garage but, I don’t know what it is. Is it a float rod or a bomb / feeder rod you are looking for ? I’m assuming TFG = Matt Hayes ?

Last edited:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
My dad has a Matt Hayes rod somewhere in his garage but, I don’t what it is. Is it a float rod or a bomb / feeder rod you are looking for ? I’m assuming TFG = Matt Hayes ?
13 ft float rod with a great review from others . Not sure if they made other sizes. Line rating 4 to 8lb with a great playing action .

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
13 ft float rod with a great review from others . Not sure if they made other sizes. Line rating 4 to 8lb with a great playing action .
using the 13ft version of this rod for a couple of months now to fish a number of commercial carp fishiries in my area teamed with an okuma undertaker and 4lb line.
the rod has a line rating of 4 to 7 lb and is perfect for commercial carp fishiries its powerful and responsive when striking into fish i have found it perfect for fishing waggler in upto 10ft of depth and thisnk that its price tag of 99 very resonable you get a lot of rod for your money, it has a screw on reel seat which fits perfectly in your hand and a half cork but section.
it is part of the Total Fishing Gear range which is matt hayes rang of signiture rods.

in my opinion one of the best match rods for commercial fishiries on the market especialy for its low price tag.
what a rod matt hayes has realy made a dam good signiture rod!!

Not open for further replies.