TFG Banshee Litespeed or alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtop

I was thinking of getting either the TFG Banshee or Litespeed as an entry level carp rod as they're on offer - two for one - 50 and 70.
I know that these things do come down to an individuals preference but does anyone know of reasons why I shouldn't go for the TFG's or could recommend an alternative?
[:H]

Mtop

I was also considering
Wychwood Reaction
JRC Defender
Maver Abyss Carp Rod
or a
Shakespeare 12ft 3lb Odyssey Pike Rod

slappy2

give them ago fella for that price not too dear and get ya started other then that check ebay or are try and help as get offered lot good 2nd hand rods check cemex site as ya be better off buyin good 2nd hand ones then new for the same price honest!! my rods were 870 for 3 but i started with good 2nd hand ones and work my way up!!!

pm me what size tc and what kind fishin after with them try and help

tight lines james

petert

I have 3 TFG rods and find them just as good as any other makes. If they are good enought for Matt Hayes they are good for me.

Mtop

I was thinking of 2.75 to 3LB TC and maybe going for the Shakespeare 12ft 3lb Odyssey Pike Rod, using it for Carp in the spring/Summer and Pike in the winter
The reverse of that - getting either of the TFG Banshee / Litespeeds and Carping in the Spring/Summer and piking with them in the winter
At this stage the budget is the main priority

Mtop

JRC defender it is then - thanks to the man at IYCF for the information - just need to decide on 1.5lb or 2.75lb TC

Status
Not open for further replies.