tfg 10' compact feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolution

evolution
thinking of buying my son the above rod, anyone got any thoughts on this rod. i know its not in the same league as my preston stuff but he has to start somewhere[:T]

petert

I have a tfg 10ft compact feeder and IMO I think that it is better than Preston you get 4 tips from a Sensitive 2oz,3oz,4oz and a 5oz tip. therefore it is stronger. you can use it for big Barbel as well as Roach fishing . Just because it is cheap I paid 62.99 on ebay normal Price 109 does't mean it is not as good as much more expensive ones I don't think Matt Hayes would put his name to cheap rubbish. I also have a 12ft power carp feeder and a 15ft power Match rod.Both take 8LB+ line.Preston rods are IMO expensive.There are some rods like Garbolino which are cheap but lots of top anglers are buying them.

carlh

I would go with the 10ft preston mini carp, or another to look at the drennan 9ft6-11ft combo now this is a cracking little rod,but if its power you are after then its the preston,i have used the tfg i wasnt that impressed with it,but then again thats only my opinion,as petert has said he likes it,so the choice is yours.

evolution

evolution
i have all the preston rods and agree that they are all the best but i didnt want to spend a small fortune on rods if he's going to pack in after a couple of sessions[:C]

pedro1098

ive noticed the preston rods fetch really good used,they hold a good value..might be worth thinking about before you buy

Status
Not open for further replies.