Tesla Motors

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Happened on one today on the journey home from the working

pulled up behind it, a four wheel drive model, nice looking motor

but the big surprise was, the acceleration of the thing as he hit the dual carriageway, he musta stomped his toes down and it took off like a terrier after a rat

proper surprised me !

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Watch Click on the beeb they put a standard Tesla up against a 600bhp Lambo.
The Tesla left it standing, the power delivery to the electric motor is linear and there are no gears.
Once sat behind a Nissan Leaf at some lights and when they changed it was off like a rat up a drainpipe.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Was staying in a hotel a couple of weeks ago and a very nice red Tesla was parked in the corner of the carpark....went out to my golf diesel hire car to see a big diesel 4x4 parked behind the Tesla which was plugged into the big diesel generator being towed by the said 4x4.....somewhat ironic.....2 large dirty diesels to start super clean Tesla ... apparently it took about 3 hours to charge it

DFL

Site Supporter
Even an average electric car has a decent pull away from a standing start. I use to drive Renault Zoe quite regularly when working for a dealership, great fun to drive and pretty rapid. A strange sensation when you constantly accelerate from zero and there’s no gears being changed.

Arch

Site Supporter
Perhaps it was the 3 phase Tesla instead of the single phase ??

Fred Davis

my mate has a tesla that he uses for fishing surprised at how wide they are great car beyond my price range even a cheap kia e- niro is 33 g's new and that has a waiting list as they can't make the batteries fast enough.

62tucker

Site Supporter
All electric cars are fast off the mark. Remember how quick scalectric cars were.
On a different slant. The New Nissan Leaf isn’t selling as well as they expected £36 to £42 grand and they are slowing down production of them.

DFL

Site Supporter
All electric cars are fast off the mark. Remember how quick scalectric cars were.
On a different slant. The New Nissan Leaf isn’t selling as well as they expected £36 to £42 grand and they are slowing down production of them.
I’m told this is happening across the marques as confidence in in electric vehicles is weakening with increasing talk of hydrogen technology.

stikflote

Site Supporter
I dont have a a Tesla,but I do have two electric cycles which seems to hit top speed around 20 mph
straight away on the throttle

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Thats the kicker... they want everyone to go electric but the prices are exorbitant and they produce even more carbon than a normal car to make... I'll keep me stinky diesel for a bit longer.... how dare I....!!!!!

DFL

Site Supporter
I dont have a a Tesla,but I do have two electric cycles which seems to hit top speed around 20 mph
straight away on the throttle

“Did you know”

If your ebike is more powerful than 250W, or if it assists you when you’re riding more than 15.5 mph – it will need to be registered, insured and taxed as a motor vehicle. In this case, you will also need a driving licence, and you must wear a motorcycle helmet.
Read more at Electric bikes and UK law: what you need to know - Cycling Weekly

Arry

Site Supporter
I have a crash helmet... I'm taxed and insured, but then my bike is a 900cc triple making 85BHP good for 130 mph...... did think about an ebike for fishing local venues... but they are a bit pricey and so much attendant rubbish that goes with them... like £2k for replacement batteries and legislation concerning power outputs... I'll stick to me Thunderbird Sport ta very much... you can't be an utter hooligan on an ebike :ROFLMAO: (y):cool:

stikflote

Site Supporter
@Arry, I also have the licence and a 765 triple makes a bit more than 85BHP
mines a street triple
Battery for my e bikes are £240,and yes I do know the law says 15MPH , no one checks the speed of electric bikes,
my driving licence does say I drive or ride electric vehicles

Arry

Site Supporter
I love the look of the New 765.... bit too insectoid for me though... fancy a bobber next... I'm old school

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Stafford college in their wisdom (yeah right) bought a works unit, had all the tesla gear set up in it at a massive cost and then bought a tesla 4x4 and a tesla S, the claim was that they were going to extend their mechanics course to include training for the future mechanics........it was only after they had paid out for everything that they discovered nobody was able to do the training apart from Tesla and they only do in house training for their own technicians!

So, the two vehicles are sat there doing nothing, one of the bosses from the college ecided he was taking the tesla S home for the weekend, he drove to some friends to show off "his" new car...when it ran out of power he called the AA to recover him, they told him they can't do it because of the electric motors etc..... it cost him a fortune to get ot recovered back to the college workshop, he then billed the college and claimed the costs back!