tension

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Is there a correct way to tension pole elastic.I have read to let it just creep back into the pole and then tie them up but then it is too soft to set the hook.i have tried tightening this up and then have problems bumping fish.Is it a case of starting soft and then setting the tension after each size of fish.I use the vespe bungs with the built in tensioner.The problem with this is during matches etc.this means that the lost fish could mean the difference between winning or losing.Should they be set during practices and then hope they are right on the day.

MALC

Keith
I set my lacy tension up at home in the following way.
Thread up the tops and tie on the bung then tie the stonfo connector on with about 1" hanging out the end of the tip.

Then the fun bit comes in, i get Gemma or the misses to pull the connector in a straight line till the lacy has bottomed out.
This is repeated twice then i cut the connector off and retie it just touching the tip.

Then Gem/misses holds the connector and i hold the top as if playing a fish till the lacy bottoms out again (sounds weird but it works). After this the lacy normally just creaps back in the tip.
If not then i just repeat the process till it does.

I dont use tension bungs but use a tensioner that just hooks on the lacy with a hook at each end that the lacy is wrapped around if it needs adjusting on the bank.
Malc

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

ray

keith, i also tension mine in a similar way to malc (including use of wife/daughter) i have found this to be the best way and have never had any problems.

clean banks campaign 2002.....have you joined??

Status
Not open for further replies.