Tench

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiranrussell

Caught this tench deffo a pb but i had no scale any help?

URL=http://img834.imageshack.us/i/35261153885771449013263.jpg/]
35261153885771449013263.jpg
[/URL]

ClumsyBeginner

Thats a nice tench! I caught a 3lb tench the other day, If i can ill upload a photo to this thread, itll give you something to compare it to :)

I may be well out, but as it is id say about 3lb too :)

pipikins

Come on lads, don't be mean. Assuming the guy is not a dwarf - his hands are shoulder width apart and his elbows are bent, so he isn't holding it forward to make it look bigger. Look at the size of the tench's head compared to his hand. Hold your hands out in front of you in a similar manner and imagine a plump female tench sitting in them.... I'd give you between 5 and 7lb for that fish mate

Col7777

I would say around 4LB-ish too, I've caught loads of Tench and was surprised what some of them weighed, they seem heavier than they are.

keiranrussell

Originally posted by pipikins

Come on lads, don't be mean. Assuming the guy is not a dwarf - his hands are shoulder width apart and his elbows are bent, so he isn't holding it forward to make it look bigger. Look at the size of the tench's head compared to his hand. Hold your hands out in front of you in a similar manner and imagine a plump female tench sitting in them.... I'd give you between 5 and 7lb for that fish mate

well i am not a dwarf i am 6 foot 5 [:D]

andykel

i'd say 5 - 6 after weighing one at 5lb 6oz on Friday (but i cannot put a pic on!!!). Can someone tell me how to add an image as i get an error if go through the attach image button.

Cheers

nutmeg

Site Supporter
the lad must have huge hand judging by the fact you can see all of his fingers and thumb of his right hand, which makes me think the fish is not as big as l first thought.
next time you catch a decent fish and photo it lie it next to your rod or something that can be used as a measure. when having trophy shots the fish always look bigger when held away from your body. so as to weight l would'nt hazzard a guess sorry.

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by nutmeg

...next time you catch a decent fish and photo it lie it next to your rod or something that can be used as a measure...
Yup,I'll second that[:T]Just any item common in fishing that we all have them or know the size/length
16july093.jpg

35cig60.jpg

keiranrussell

i do usually get a shot when its just landed against the rod, plus i just would like to say i do have huge hands [:D] its like im being complimented on hand size ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.