tench & pike shoaling up

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
could anyone tell me why tench are shoaling up so much earlier in the year & what i also cant under stand is they are shoaling up within feet of a large head of pike.
as i put in my posting (yesterday where you fished today) the tench normally started to show at this peg late march normaly after the pike have moved out to there spawning areas.
But last year & this year they have shoaled up in feb & to give you an idea of the closeness between the pike & the tench, yesterday when i had the 11 tench gerald was actualy only 10ft away from me with his 2 pike rods and had his 22-08 & 3 other mid doubles.
Anyway im going to try & beat my last years total later in the week as i know there will be more coming to MY peg.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It may sound like a daft question Martin but do Pike take Tench?

It's just that I heard sometime back that they won't and I've never heard of a pike being caught on one

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
hi dave
i have used 4"-6" tench & golden tench for deadbait in the past with some succsess & ive seen 2-3lb tench which have had pike teeth marks on.
By the way forgot to mention out of the 11 tench 4 were male.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

mattc

Yes pike do take Tench, The old 'Dr Fish' is just an old wifes tale. Wouldn't fancy them as baits though, dark colour, limited smell and slimy as hell to mount on hooks.

TINY

Tiny
I think you will see a lot of strange fish activity thesedays,due to climate change.just think back 10 years or even less,was it this warm then?

Andy........Staffs Angling Supplies

peterpike

quote:Originally posted by TINY

I think you will see a lot of strange fish activity thesedays,due to climate change.just think back 10 years or even less,was it this warm then?

Andy........Staffs Angling Supplies
Every thing is out of season even the sheep are in lamb i think it is something to do with climate change it is getting worse every year.It is just people like us and people out in the country feel it first,the man in the office will never know any different untill it is to late,or is it to late all ready I THINK SO ????????????

TINY

Tiny
Youre probably right Pete.Its already too late.

Andy.....Staffs Angling Supplies

Lid

Pete, the lambing of sheep is controlled by the farmers in the main. It is not unusual to plan to lamb some sheep in January. We always did this with certain breeds.

Lid [:)]

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Looks like Missing Phil has some competition in the Sheep Department[:0]

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***[img]http://www.aaa-clipart.com/data/anim2/dogs/an14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.