Tench PB busted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker Face Al

I regularly fish Fir Tree Farm (Wigan), but usually on Bensons or Nookey Hollow. Turned up on Sunday morning (6am) only to find matches on all ponds but the Spruce Lodge specimen pond. Having never fished this pool, I thought rather than drive to another complex I'd give it a go. I fished from the first peg clockwise from the entry gate,
fishing small cubes of Spam that had been marinading in Piri Piri of a week in the margins on a 16 hook matched with 5lb line thru to a No 14 eleastic, fished over 3mm pellets & hemp (feeding pellets have to bought on site).

First few fish were nothing to shout about, few skimmers, a nice crucian & a couple of reasonable roach. Then the pin prick bubbles started to fizz & the tench took over. Over the next couple of hours 12 tench came to the net with five of the over 5 lbs, the biggest being 6lb 7oz. The session finished of with a large mirror running me ragged for 10 minutes, destroying the swim & snaping me off!

Well what a morning & I was still back at home for 1pm. The pool is bing drained, netted & dug back out to its original depth in a couple of weeks, as the machinary will be on site for excavating Martins new 70+ peg lake ready for next year. Well worth a go before then if you can get there, I imagine it will take a few weeks to settle down again after the fish are put back in after the work. Going to have a wander down on the day it's netted to see what other monster lurk in there!!

Took a couple of photos which I'll add tonight.

A great fishery with nice owners & fellow anglers.

zenith20

That sounds like a brilliant mornings fishing! Well done![:D][:D]

And welcome to the forum as well![:T][:T]

pole addict

I wish I could fight my way through the carp and catch a net of tench like that. Excellent stuff mate [:T]

Poker Face Al

Well the boosted meat has been marinating again for a few days so I think another early morning session on this pond is in order for tomorrow. I'll take my camera not just my phone this time!!

paul w

Thats an amazing session.....well done that man!!!! Shame there's no pictures but you were certainly kept busy for the morning

Poker Face Al

Originally posted by paul w

Thats an amazing session.....well done that man!!!! Shame there's no pictures but you were certainly kept busy for the morning

I have aload of photos, but I cant up load them for some reason!!

Poker Face Al

Finally found away to put some snaps up of the varios tench I've had over the last few weeks!!

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd474/alister1968/?action=view&current=IMG_20100815_070237.jpg#!oZZ15QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1221.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fdd474%2Falister1968%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_20100815_084434.jpg%26

Last edited:

Poker Face Al

Originally posted by getfishing

That is one quality haul, like I said... I'm jealous

Cheers mate, had another morning there yesterday, was a bit slow after the heavy over night rain, but they got going eventually. Had another 6 tench to around the 5lb stamp. Looking forward to the pool being dug out & all the silvers being removed. Derrick was saying yesterday that they are going to re-stock some of the monsters that they lost in last years big freeze. Should be cracking sport next spring.

cbthejackal

Some nice tench there, bet they gave some good fights!!! I might try and give it a go myself, when are they digging the pond out?

Poker Face Al

Originally posted by cbthejackal

Some nice tench there, bet they gave some good fights!!! I might try and give it a go myself, when are they digging the pond out?

They were proposing to start this month though I'm not sure exactly, I'll find out when I have a wander round next Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.