tench fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

twig

i am off to the canal on friday perch fishing. i hav herd that there are tench in that part of the canal and since i hav never caught a tench i want to catch one so i am going to go for tench as well. what are the best methods for catching tench thanx.

wetlines
danny

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Twig,

If you want to cover both species try using redworms or dendrobenas laid on.
What that means is plumb the depth and set your hook to float 6inches overdepth.
Place the bulk of your shot under your float and a number 6 six inches from your hook.
With this rig you should be able to pick up the perch on the drop and the tench once settled. Feed chopped worm loosely without groundbait as an added attractant.

Good luck, Dave

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
twig Try using If ure gettin knocks of the tench but no take try the same method 6 inch over depth with Sweet Corn cocktail with the worm.. Or if no sucess try pop up worm from Bottom

Regards Gf

martin.

Account Locked
hi twig
this is my favourite subject Tench on a drain or canal
WORM & CASTER this is the best combination i have found for tench & perch.
for a days sesion ill take 2 pints of caster match tub of med/large
dendros & as many lobworms as i can get at least 75+
i actualy fish the pole for these & i fish heavy No12/14 lacy 8lb braid straight through to a 12 or 10 hook
ill always start putting 9 lobworms in a large pole cup and chopping them upthen filling the cup with casters then repeat thisbut with 1/2 the casters just crush them slightly this acts as a bit of attractor.
fish with the final shot laying just on bottom with either 2 dendros on hook or 1/2 lob or 3casters or a cocktail of these .
every few mins just lift bait off the deck & lower again this can entice a take.
if youclick on my profile(box at top of this posting with head on)
& click on the second of the 2 links youll see the result of my last tench outing of last season on the north level
19 tench for 69lb 2ozs
good luck on friday

tight lines.
martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.