Tench fishing with my mobility scooter. - Kinver Freeliners Dudmaston Hall.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
When I had my accident l thought a lot about how I was going to be able to fish again.
I came up with the idea of having a small trailer which just takes a 4 wheel mobility scooter and the tackle in the back of the car.
When arriving at the fishery remove the scooter from the trailer, remove the trailer and put it on the back of the scooter and load with tackle and off we go. No said Chelmsford .A.S. that is not allowed. 😡I had been a member for about 15 years. So I was going to join another club and asked if it was alright to use the scooter and trailer. They said yes to the scooter but no to the trailer. 😠But after a year without fishing l was able to use a power trolley and now l fish whenever I wish.🙂 Well it was a good idea anyway.
Well done in not giving in and doing what you love. Respect from one dis to another.

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Loverly fishery pal. And a beautiful Tench. Bigger than mine the other night. Grrrrrrr 😂😂😂. Well done pal. You show em. Remember your spinning rod next time. 😂😂😂

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
When I had my accident l thought a lot about how I was going to be able to fish again.
I came up with the idea of having a small trailer which just takes a 4 wheel mobility scooter and the tackle in the back of the car.
When arriving at the fishery remove the scooter from the trailer, remove the trailer and put it on the back of the scooter and load with tackle and off we go. No said Chelmsford .A.S. that is not allowed. 😡I had been a member for about 15 years. So I was going to join another club and asked if it was alright to use the scooter and trailer. They said yes to the scooter but no to the trailer. 😠But after a year without fishing l was able to use a power trolley and now l fish whenever I wish.🙂 Well it was a good idea anyway.
Well done in not giving in and doing what you love. Respect from one dis to another.
I didnt know that Tinca so big respect to you also pal. Chelmsford should be ashamed of themselves. I'll say this about our waters .... We have a disabled peg on all of our waters except the stretches of the river Trent that we lease. I can honestly say that I have never seen an able bodied angler fishing them. I must admit at times Ive been tempted to fish as these pegs are rarely fished by anyone and the fish know this so congregate around them. 👍

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Just thought about the rules concerning disabled pegs on some of my clubs waters.
Any angler allowed to fish the disabled pegs but must vacate if required by a disabled club card holder. Works for me.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just thought about the rules concerning disabled pegs on some of my clubs waters.
Any angler allowed to fish the disabled pegs but must vacate if required by a disabled club card holder. Works for me.
I hear you Steve but, out of respect you just wouldnt would you ? Well, some would I guess but, I wouldnt. Lets leave them to those that need them. Theres plenty more pegs to go at. 👍

Vinny41

That is so cool. I fish from a wheelchair so am limited to where I can go. I have recently joined a local club with pretty good access to their ponds/lakes and also found out my neighbour is a member, so have someone to help me as well now. It is a sad state of affairs when you are turned away from venues due to disability.I have been refused access on two occasions now (once in Eastbourne, East Sussex and the other here in Basingstoke) both times it was due to the wheelchair. It is good to see you getting there on the scooter, something I will have to look into.

Cheers guys, good to hear your stories, shocking some of you have been turned away. we shouldn't have to "fight" for access but its one reason i wanted to vlog more about fishing, we dont need platforms and handrails on ever peg on every lake, but venues and clubs should be setting aside accessible pegs for those of us who struggle.

Hey, after all, the disabled community is worth about £80bn to the UK... from a business point of view, why would you turn away £80bn worth of customers!

Corn Master

I didnt know that Tinca so big respect to you also pal. Chelmsford should be ashamed of themselves. I'll say this about our waters .... We have a disabled peg on all of our waters except the stretches of the river Trent that we lease. I can honestly say that I have never seen an able bodied angler fishing them. I must admit at times Ive been tempted to fish as these pegs are rarely fished by anyone and the fish know this so congregate around them. 👍
Not sure if I totally agree. Even on natural waters fish get used to being fed

Vinny41

According to the law, if I remember rightly, the venues are supposed to make "reasonable adjustments" to help disabled patrons access the facilities where possible. Many do, some don't but they get away with it.
I look forward to seeing more of your Vlog.