twig

a good tench bait is just a normal garden worm
c ya

wetlines
danny

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hi smudge,

There are many good tench baits sweetcorn worms casters to name a few and i know there are far better tench anglers on this site to give u better advice but here is something u can try. What about dates ( u know the ones u get a xmas and also prunes the ones u get in cans)
soak the overnight in strawberry food flavouring and u just might be plesantly suprised

best of luck

tight lines

Ray

where there is one bream there are many more

martin.

Account Locked
hi smudge
firstly welcome to the mad MDs
back to topic
dont bother with ordinary garden worms use lob wrms & caster
the best way to get the lobs is on a wet night out on your lawn
or if you havnt got one nearest playing field.
Go out about midnight with a torch i normally use a bit of red carrier bag over the lens this does not make them retreat in to there hole so quick i nrmally use between 70 & 100 for a 5hr session when you get them home put them in shredded newspaper & dampen it inormally use a atomiser spray .
if you look on wheres fishing ive brought a topic to top on north level that i posted a whileback you can see the result on homepage of
www.maggotdrowning.com/tyddgoteac
hope this helps

tight lines.
martin.

Edited by - martin. on 10 June 2002 09:22:28 AM

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello smudge

welcome aboard

i would suggest any of the following ; lobworms , bunch of smaller worms , casters , maggotts , hemp , mini boilies , corn and any sweet additives.

good luck
ADAM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all,

Here's a tip that was passed on to me many moons ago for collecting lobworm -

When you go out as Martin said on a wet night you'll see the worms lying in the grass but sometimes the smallest vibration can send them back underground.
Ancient icon_smile_big.gif Tip: Take a watering can of water with a good squirt of washing-up liquid in it, spray this over 2 square yards of grass and stand back. The worms will come up out of the ground and can easily be picked off the surface.
The water mix will not harm the worms but it is still a good idea to rinse them off afterwards.

Dave

Zinky

Grumpy
Go out about midnight with a torch I normally use a bit of red carrier bag over the lens.
You would get arrested in our neck of the woods for that stunt.
Try a worm farm it works for me? no police chasing you .

martin.

Account Locked
hi dragonboat
a tub of say 50 lobs normally retails about 6 over a week between myself ,phil &sammy we can &do use about about 400+ lobs thats nearly 50 then you add on casters, maggots ect it adds up to quite abit of money . So for us its the torch ,mind you we live in a small village
out in countryside so by time law got there wede have been fishing twice & used them up.

tight lines.
martin.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
LOL

I can see the headlines Martin!!!

LOCAL BAILIFF UNDER SUSPICION
Matyin Scott was today arrested after dark behind bike sheds in local playing field!

His daughter, waving a red light! said in defence!
NO I cant go on LOL

Hope this might make Sammy icon_smile.gif Martin

Cya

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Cocktails work very good for tench try:

Maggoot and a debrondrahna (dont know about the spellings) u wanna try and fish 6inch over depth for the tench and if you av a syringe (Doesnt that sound wierd coming from a oyung LAd like me) Inject the worm with air or buy artificial sweetcorn???????
hope that helps

Regards Gf

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Dave, the washing up liquid is a good idea and does work but it WILL kill the worms if there not well washed.

Shredded news paper soak 2/3 sheets then wring out well shred into small strips.

Spagnam moss is probably the best medium to keep lobs in. By turning the container each day so the worms move from bottom to top helps to toughen them some what.

When fishing them nip off the tail to allow the juices etc to flow out.

chill out go fishing

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I find the best bait for catching old Tinca Tinca's has got to be the cockle or muscle, (non pickled) they'll cost around 99p for a pack from Asda.

Presented on a lift rig or with just a BB shot on the line about 9in from the hook.

Alan
Datafile.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks John,

I wasn't aware that it would kill them as I have always treat them to a bath rather than leave a trace that the fish might pick up on.

Alan (and everyone) want to hear a good story about Pickling?

On Saturday evening I went to Tesco's to get a back of frozen corn. in the freezer isle there wasn't any other than some bags of 'Super Sweet Corn' slightly dearer but what the heck.
Anyway looking at the bag it said 'A delicious super sweet corn pickled for freshness and quality'

EH?? What do I want Pickled corn for.
Anyway having looked around I went back to the freezer, picked a bag up and proceed to read through the info on the back to see what was used for Pickling it. Nothing, I couldn't see a thing.

At this point and pushed for time I pondered, looked again and re-read it 'A delicious super sweet corn pickled for freshness and quality'

So back in the freezer it went. Right find an assistant and see if they've got any normal corn.
No assistant.

Oh, sod it, back to the freezer and one last look amongst the peas and carrots for a stray bag. Nope, none.
It was then that I took one last look at the Super Sweet Corn only to see that it actually read - 'A delicious super sweet corn PICKED for freshness and quality'

Of to the Opticians in the morning lol, icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just a couple of worrying points here Dave.

1) You drive.

2) Its upto you to fix any problems on the site.

& now we find out you can't see icon_smile_shock.gif

Alan
Datafile.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What?, what was that?, who's there?

Datafile.gif

lol, Dave

darryl

another tip for collecting worms is steralising solution use to clean baby`s bottles just mix it up pour on the grass and wait,any back to tench baits corn dipped in golden syrup

work`s for them who can`t fish

Status
Not open for further replies.