Tench and crucians

Maidstone1922

Fished a club water this weekend, absolutely beautiful lake. More minitench and crucians than I could count on the lift method. Nothing larger than 1lb but a good days fishing. My mate (of course!) caught the biggest of the day, a pristine 6lb common.

I don’t think anything has grown particularly big in there but I’ll definitely be back. Some good sized roach for winter fishing too. 84B32FC7-8F1B-475D-A82C-2FFAB8FB381F.jpeg F2A73A10-6D4B-4C2F-8D8F-88B5587BBC37.jpeg EA64D2D0-D319-4123-B898-76C108CDACE9.jpeg D743E85D-145B-4288-A85C-07B25BB12306.jpeg

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
The pond, just down the road from the pilgrims hospice at ashford, on the A28 ?

DFL

Site Supporter
Just the venue I’m looking for, which club is it please?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
What a lovely looking fishery. Beats looking at a no character carp puddle. Loooooovely. ?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Agreed with the rest of comments, that's classic fishing, lift method and lillies!

Maidstone1922

Cheers all, yes it’s a gorgeous lake. Now just need to figure out how big those tench and crucians get....

I’m not sure what the crack is on sharing a lot of club/water info (I’ve only recently joined the club). It’s Maidstone Victory Angling Society, they’ve got a good website. Waters across a chunk of Kent from Tonbridge to Ashford. I’m sure they’re recruiting new members ! ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
It used to be a day ticket water

and held a really decent stock of nice fish, loadsa decent silvers, true crucians and some carp to around mid doubles

it was always what you would call a pretty venue to, lots of wildlife, flowers, tree cover etc

the only thing that let it down a tad was the track down from the gate to the pond, in inclement weather it was far better to leave the motor at the top and trolley your gear down

the fella that owned-leased it was a bit of a scoundrel, when he let it go, before MVAS took it over, he netted the water of a lot of the stock and sold them on to another localish water, this he failed to mention to MVAS before they took the lease

MVAS have restocked it since wiith those small tench, carp, and silvers and have also far improved the track from what it was

for a venue so close to the souths busiest motorway, its surprising how quiet and rural it feels