Tell Tale Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
Hi,
Am I right in thinking that the larger the float you use the larger the dropper shot must be to register different types of bites(such as when the float lifts)I think I have worked this out by my experiences but am not 100% sure. If so, roughly what size of dropper shot would be needed on a 3AA and 2BB waggler to register different bites?
Thanks

MALC

Rob with wagglers i always start off with about 80% of the shot capacity locking the waggler then use no8 shot for droppers to make up the rest of the weight either spread out or bulked with a few droppers.

hope that helps.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Del-J

' Victor '
Afternoon Malc are you refreshed

I would think your advice is just about spot on

Del.
Like cool man - go fishin.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rob,

If you are asking for fishing the canal, I would not use a float heavier than 2BB. Most of the weight locking the shot, one No 8 half way down and one No 8 4 inches from the hook.

I will be using that set up if I use my float rod on Sunday.

I will be fishing the other side of the bridges on Sunday, just by the first left turn, past the yard, near the houses.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hi Rob,
When i fish with a wag the biggest shot i ever use is a BB and like the boys say put 80% around the float. So if i am using a 3AAA float i will put 3bb on one side and 3bb on the other leaving about a quarter of an inch so the float can fold on the strike i then normaly put 2 x number 6 or 1 number 8 on bottom so if the fish lifts the bait the bottom shot will move and the float will rise.

Hope this helps

tight lines
Ray

Alnath

I put everything around the float with a number 6 or 8 just over half depth and then a single number 8 on the hook lenght generaly around 8 or 9 inches from the hook, if i am missing bites i place it near the hook so the bite is indicated faster and if i am missing bites because the bite is too quick i slide the shot away from the hook to slow them down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.