Tell or not to tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfp

Account Locked
A member recently posted about a cracking 14lb barbel. He did say it was from the Trent. I myself posted some pictures of barbel caught by me on the trent, then it was suggested that the poachers and FNs would be very keen to visit the place.

What is your thoughts about revealing a good peg you have worked hard to find ?
I would say good luck to the angler and keep it under your hat.[:

Fishnets

Sounds about right too me, maybe if you have a couple of angling buddies and you all help each other along maybe

mocnscott

finally a winner
Half the fun on a river is finding the pegs and fish for yourself. My opinion is you should keep it to yourself take pictures with foliage behind you if you want to post them and keep those with the swim behind you in your personal collection.

With regards FN's and poachers I think they watch the banks more than the maggot drowners forums but then again I could be wrong.

Scott

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Not to tell!

If you've put the work in, why should you advertise it for other anglers, never mind "undesirables".

Take a tip from me.
Take some stock photos of bushes, foliage etc, then when you do take a photo of a specimen fish in a recognisable location, replace the background in Photoshop.

I've got the stock photos, it's just the specimen fish which elude me.
[:(][;)]

mocnscott

finally a winner
Originally posted by banksy

Take a tip from me.
Take some stock photos of bushes, foliage etc, then when you do take a photo of a specimen fish in a recognisable location, replace the background in Photoshop.

I've got the stock photos, it's just the specimen fish which elude me.
[:(][;)]

Haha at least you're ready for them though hey!

Scott

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
Are you gonna post any nice bush piccys Banksy?........Err.....should I have said that?[:0][:I]

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
As Ex-Secretary of an angling organisation, all I can say, is that publicity will lead to guests, especially night fishing your waters and the possibility of them taking fish to stock their own local lakes or ponds. If its on the river, they will also use boats, including fyke nets. (The EA cannot police everyone for Section 30 consents especially if nobody admits to stocking them)

On one occasion, we even had guests driving over fields to get where they thought the swim was only to flatten aluminum irrigation pipes used by the farmer, half a bag of rubbish, and nearly the loss of leased waters.

Unfortunately, there is and always has been,a number of so-called anglers who take great pride in thinking they have beat the system.

Publicity relating to relatively unfished waters, with easy access, and no locals houses to oversee, or even less an unbailiffed water will lead to "guesting". Additionally a chain and a gate deters no-one who is intent to fish - they after approach from an adjoining water if intent.

So overall, I say the pleasure and release safely of the fish is all that is required, the odd photogarph to remind you when you old and senile, otherwise if you value good fishing - keep it to yourself, your mates and the club you belong

(Based on experience that photograph location brings)

Seilat`

Always learning...
keep it private imo, you've no obligation to share and sometimes it can actually lead to unfortunate repercussions

I love that people want to share thier fishing exploits and invite me to enjoy thier catch and allow myself to dream that I may one day capture a similar fish, but I dont care if they dont provide me with the details to do the same, why should they ? Its nice if they do, but I dont expect them to....

Status
Not open for further replies.