telescopic top two

Status
Not open for further replies.

quivertip

phil
bought a grandeslam des taylor stike 8m pole for my grandson, only 20 from e-bay...
my own margin pole is a drennan polemaster 8.5 metre with take apart top two sections, i elasticated these no probs.. easy peasy..
now this grandeslam pole is supposed to take 20 elastic.. quote in the blub about the pole "when elasicated correctly"
it has a telescopic top two but looking at the bush for 20 laccy i'm gonna be left with about 6" from the first section after cutting back..
could this be right..?
being a newbie to the pole scene i dont want to go hacking about until i know what i'm doing..
ta muchly...

dany0153

sounds like take the no1 out and elastic through the number 2 and 3. pretty normal for big elastic. if unsure take into tackle shop they will sort you out.

dany

quivertip

phil
thought of doing that dany but it will need a whopper of a bush to fit the number two.. might take it up the shop and see what they think is best..... but on the other hand....
the pole i think is pants anyway, probably get my grandson another, it's way too heavy and floppy so might just elasticate it up anyway and test it to destruction myself just for the hell of it...[:D]

breadflake

Site Supporter
I would take it to the tackle shop an internal bush may fit better in the second section
or maybe use a 14 elastic and keep the top section a little longer

quivertip

phil
just as a matter of interest if i was to elasticate the telescopic top two how do you store it?
with the take apart top two it's easy, just folds apart with some little gubbins to protect the laccy, but telescopic?
keep it set up in a tube i presume?

batman

Originally posted by quivertip

just as a matter of interest if i was to elasticate the telescopic top two how do you store it?
with the take apart top two it's easy, just folds apart with some little gubbins to protect the laccy, but telescopic?
keep it set up in a tube i presume?

stretch the elastic then push the top back down into the bottom. Keep the elastic on the side of the pole to avoid it getting trapped.

keiranrussell

grandleslam poles dont take elastic well at all, i used 14 elestic and it never worked out well to say the least

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
In my magin pole I took the no 1 out and glued a bush on the instide of the no 2. When I did it there wer no big internal bushes !

PaulN

Status
Not open for further replies.